Ashley Parametric Eq

Emmanuel

Hello

I am being offered a Ashley pqx-571 7 band parametric eq. Does anyone have any experinece with this unit is it worth $250.00 or is there better eq for the price. I am planning on using the unit to finalize the mix.

Thanks to everyone.

Emmanuel

Mono - No "mix finalizing" with that one.

They were only around $300 new... For a mono unit, I'd want more... Maybe an Orban or something...

Not that it's a bad unit though...

Hello

Thanks the unit is new so it looks like 250 isn't that bad. Is there any use I can get from this unit. I was loaned the unit over the weekend to see if I like it. I just finished playing with it and I like it a lot better then my DOD 31 Band Graphic Eq and less noise. I can see where finalizing will be a problem since it is mono, But everything I do is for fun or for free so all of my mixes are done at center. Basically is this unit worthless in a studio application.

Thanks

Emmanuel

You will not be able to use that unit to finalize your mix--end of story. You need a stereo unit to do that. So in that respect, yes it is worthless.

However, it is not worthless as a studio device for other things like equalizing voice, or instruments like guitar or bass. It could be very useful for that.

If you are buying an eq *primarily* for the purpose of equalizing full mixes, then a mono unit is just plain the wrong tool and a waste of money. But again, that's not to say that it won't have other uses.

Also, $250 is not such a great price for that unit. The stereo version goes pretty regularily on eBay for around $350. One recently sold for $71!

You can easily find an Orban 622B (a stereo eq) in the $250-300 range.

The point being, if you need a stereo eq don't get a mono eq.

Back