As serious monitors for under $1200 a pair

younever

OK, you hear all types of opinions about monitors. Keeping room acoustics and bs at bay as far as possible, please give me some advice for home studio monitoring for around $1200/a pair. I need true monitoring; it will only sound good if I'm doing my job. I'm far from a newbie but I'd like to get past the setup I have now. Right now I have a Behringer Truth B2030P running in a Hafler TA 1600. My "real world" setup is JBL Control 1's into a Carver PM 300 power amp. The second setup I may keep. Suggestions ?

That got me searching and I found completely new and very interesting stuff: (Thanks! :D)
Event 20/30

OK, you hear all types of opinions about monitors. Keeping room acoustics and bs at bay as far as possible, please give me some advice for home studio monitoring for around $1200/a pair. I need true monitoring; it will only sound good if I'm doing my job. I'm far from a newbie but I'd like to get past the setup I have now. Right now I have a Behringer Truth B2030P running in a Hafler TA 1600. My "real world" setup is JBL Control 1's into a Carver PM 300 power amp. The second setup I may keep. Suggestions ?

Though they're too rich for my blood and I can't vouch for them Mercenary.com offers a pair of Adam A7X with double warranty for $1,400 or a pair of Adam A5X with double warranty for $1,000.

You should seriously consider Sonodyne SM 100AK for that budget. Really amazing speakers for the price. Tried them in a shop and they revealed things I never heard before in a few recordings. Reverb tails just jumps out of those speakers! Check out some reviews:thumbs up:

You have a large budget for some monitors. I would have envied that many years ago. When I started setting my little home recording set up I went for the industry standard (back then) Yamaha NS10's. I still have them now. But I've learnt to use songs already mixed and mastered in huge studios as a reference through the speakers I have. There are so many speakers around and songs sound different through every one. But if you can mix your song against a reference track (that has already had all the hard work done to it) you should get a good mix to play great through a lot of systems.

You should seriously consider Sonodyne SM 100AK for that budget. Really amazing speakers for the price. Tried them in a shop and they revealed things I never heard before in a few recordings. Reverb tails just jumps out of those speakers! Check out some reviews:thumbs up:

I actually tried these out at a trade show last year, excellent, I would have bought a pair if I was looking to replace my existing monitors. They are an Indian company and that may put you off but it shouldn't, India has the largest recording industry in the world with top studios, a lot of high tech comes out of India.

Alan.

Here's some, must be a new relic version as the blemished cost more than the new... lol

Attachments

• joke....bmp
    295.5 KB · Views: 53
hows your room?

The only reason i ask is you'd be better off with $600 speakers with $600 worth of room improvements aswell... unless your rooms already treated.

expensive stuff my man! Adam, Events, just look for expensive stuff on any website that sells them

Back