ART Tube or Behringer Mixer?

Gary

First question, why can't I search for ART Tube MP on this forum? I've tried it with spaces, ANDs, etc. and it keeps coming back No Matches. Really wanted to look at old posts before posting this question..

My needs are strictly non-profesional. I've got a Mac and a synth, both plugging into Roland powered monitors. However, when I'm playing the keyboard and turn up the sound on the monitors, I'm getting a slight hum or buzz that I believe is coming from the computer. I thought I would get a mixer so that when I turn on the synth, I could turn down the volume on the computer line.

I also need a preamp to raise the level on a dynamic mic so I was considering the dreaded Behringer MX602A. However, I'm told that the preamp on the ART Tube MP is going to give a much warmer sound to vocals and acoustic guitar sound so now I'm torn. Do I buy the Behringer and get the mixer and preamp in one or do I buy the ART Tube and perhaps a cheap line mixer to separate the sounds of computer and synth before going into my monitors? With a real cheap setup, am I even going to notice the difference between the pre amps on the ART and the Behringer?

Apologize for rambling here but I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks,
Gary

If you instead do a search on Behringer mixers, you'll find that (almost) no one likes them. Neither do I. I suggest you try to find a dealer that lets you try both out at home and lets you return the one that comes out on the bottom...

and I don't like my ART Tube MP either as a stand alone preamp. my reason is because its too warm for any of my dynamic mic. I'm using it now as a effects on my Mackie board and use the Mac's preamp instead.

Back