ART opto8 tube preamp or Presonus Digimax D8

kevin6string

Hi everyone.I have been using an HD24 for tracking but considering using it only for live tracking on location. So i have been looking into a couple options. Personally i use a Presonus lightpipe interface to send the adat singal into Sonar 8.5 producer on pc (xp 32 bit)intel 2.5 quad core/ 4 gigs ramm. Does anyone know just how good this Art opto8 tube pre is ? I have only read 1 review on sweetwater used to track drums. The one thing i do like is you can return to analog if you so choose. However i hardly ever do that. It just isn't necessary anymore these days. I have been also looking at the Presonus Digimax D8 even tho it does not have return to analog choice. I am more concerned with a warm "clean sound" as i do mostly country stuff. Another choice has been the Focusrite octopre mkII dynamic however they are way higher and would put me into 16 channel in instead of 24....yes i have needed more than 16 simlutanious ins before. I run out of a mackie 24x8 console direct out into etc. etc.. just how good or bad is the ART octo8 tube pre. I don't want distorion...warm punch is fine but i want it "country clean." keep in mind tho there are many choices i wish to keep everything hooked up in back and out of the way. Thank you for your time or suggestions.

Last edited:
Back