ART Digital MPA vs. other mid-level pre's with sp/dif out

lansingxcore

ok, so i'm really close to buying an ART digital mpa. here's why: i like a colored sound, i like the sound of my tube mp (it's got a j/j tube.. i think it came like that), i have ribbon mics and i really like the idea of variable input impedence, and i need sp/dif output.

so before i do that, support my decision or recommend an alternative with variable input impedence and sp/dif output, for around the same price or less.

go!

lansingxcore said:
so before i do that, support my decision or recommend an alternative with variable input impedence and sp/dif output, for around the same price or less.
The M-Audio Tampa fits your criteria. It has variable impedence, spdif output, a pretty good preamp, and a nice compressor section. It's worth checking out.

- Jerfo

lansingxcore.. im in the same boat as you, i've been shopping for a similiar pre for awhile now...

the tampa prob. sounds good, but its only 1 channel for ~ $400
other options are
Aphex 207d
DBX 386

- all are dual channel pre-amps with digital out.

I had first decided on the aphex 207d - it had gotten the best reviews from ppl
now, i've been leaning towards the art dps 2 - mainly because it has the mic/line inputs on the front, which is how i imagine using it,
keep in mind, i think Bigwillz24 has a dbx386 for sale still for $250, and it seems a lot of ppl on here use them

good luck.
if you could, plz let me know what you purchase and how you like it.

Back