Argh! My brain hurts!

vitamin worm

I am giving myself an aneurysm trying to figure out what kind of audio interface to get in my computer. Here is my predicament.

Ok, first and foremost I am pretty poor so I dont have a lot of money to work with.

I want a device that a couple of years down the road I can expand (so eventually I can get 16 tracks). At this point unfortunately I am not in the budget for an Echo Layla 24 bit card (which I know is expandable).

So I was consdering the following:

- Echo Layla 20
- Aardvark 20/20

Both of these cards are pretty cheap now so I can atleast get started with something pretty decent. So my questoins are ...

- Is either one of these expandable?

- Can I run and record sound from two soundcards on the same computer without it going nuts? (I know that 2 delta 1010s mess up with XP)

For the record I am using an AMD Athalon 1.6Ghz computer with lots of RAM and a big ass hard drive. I am using XP.

I know a lot of you people have much more experience with this than I do so any and all input is appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

-Franklin-

For the record I am using an AMD Athalon 1.6Ghz computer with lots of RAM and a big ass hard drive. I am using
The Amd might be iffy. Check with Echo on that. Layla prefers intel chips and will not run on some certain non-intel chips.
The Aardvark 20/20 I dont know.
:cool:

Back