Are VST'S better than Hardware?

DVZON

I have heard so many songs done with VST plugins and I can't believe those pieces of crap are still around. I'm stunt!
I have 3 synths and 1 sampler, audiophile soundcard from midiman, cool edit pro (old version), soundforge (old version), Yamaha xgworks sequencer. I DO NOT USE XG SOUNDS, I ONLY USE THE SEQUENCER TO ARRANGE THE SONGS. I'm so used to it, I will never change. I also have other little hardware stuff such as BOSS vt-1 and Roland SP-1 bass compresor.
So anyways, I hear these songs from people that use VST to make them. Dance music songs. For the love of...They are worthless..What is the big deal about VST when they sound like a little kid made the songs? I'm not talking about the arrangement of the song or anything but the "QUALITY OF THE SOUNDS AND INSTRUMENTS" My equipment might not be much but Hardware goes a long way. I don't understand why people like VST so much. Is it because is the cheap way to do it? Is it because it is easier to use than a hardware synth?
Just wondering, but I get frustrated when peeps praise VST as a replacement for hardware.
I'm gonna stop bubbling..Will someone please tell me why is it that VSTs are praised as BETTER SOUNDING than a hardware synth?

They're not- but they are cheaper or free. They don't have any of the problems or upkeep of analog machines. They can import virtually any sample format. They don't take up ANY space. They come shipped with TONS of presets, and require little or no programming knowledge. If you're not a pianist, you can make your sequencer play B3, Mellotron, Moog, or other non-midi equiped machines. And they're cheap, cheap, cheap, and availbie.

You also have to consider that these songs are not "mixed", as traditional commercial or dancefloor tunes are. They are kids with illegal copies of fruityloops, which ships with thin and weak samples, and has very rigid quantanization. They're non-professional songs, and they sound non-professional. Check out artists like BK- I believe he uses (essentially) only VSTis.

Back