Are there any good low budget portable recorders? (suggestions)

Pressuridion

DJ, Producer, Raver since the late 90s
i was looking for low budget portable recorders with line input. Like Zoom H1n ,which looks awesome, but cheaper. i would like to record live jamming ideas (synth hardware and no pc) and outside sounds (if mic quality in such price is good. Not a priority). What do you suggest? Does it worth looking for cheap philips, sony and olympus voice recorders? i found a Philips voice tracer dvt 4010 sealed in a great price but i m not sure if the mic/line in and the wma format is a good choice. thank you in advance

The stereo sony recorders are pretty cheap. I have an older one with 1 gb storage that totally works..
That said in these modern mobile phone times for just a nice recording of your live band the apps that are out there for both apple and android are amazing and a simple lightning (for apple) or usb for android connector to your headphones out of your mixer will give you a great recording right there in your phone...Video below of this guy speaking of iPhone recording apps and shows you the lightning to stereo adapter... BTW if you have youtube set up to autoplay a ton of videos and this topic will pop up..in my case one that popped right after this one reviewed "voice record pro" pretty cool FREE app...

Thank you for your answer. Very helpful. So I guess the sealed philips voice tracer that I found will work well. Or any cheap voice recorder like your Sony.
I thought about mobile phones too and the possibilities of recording there but... Shouldn't be a line in input there? Can it be done through micro usb cable adapter also? I don't have iPhone so I will have to go through an android

Yep there are stereo in's adapters via micro usb and then you just run the headphones out of the mixer or any other stereo out from the mixer to the input .ton of free stereo recording audio apps for android

I have an older Zoom H1. I find it friggin' quiet... not much output. Better than the one I bought at Staples, at half the price, but someone annoying. I'm cranking my tunes to get a good recording, but on playback barely hear it.

Yep there are stereo in's adapters via micro usb and then you just run the headphones out of the mixer or any other stereo out from the mixer to the input .ton of free stereo recording audio apps for android
That sounds awesome! It might be a great solution! I will check for micro usb stereo in adapters. Thank you very much :)

Back