Archive Showcase

Fishmed

Next Monday I am going to post a new set of songs. Actually they are some old stuff I engineered eons ago (some of it is actually good). This is the last week I will have my newest stuff on my idrive :( , so if you want to hear it, you better get listening.
http://www.idrive.com
visit: Fishmed

Fishmend,, D/L "No turning back" Not real big on this kind of style but really liked this tune alot...guitar harmonics were killer. The mix was also just as good to my ears very clean! I may have missed it somewhere else but please verify what you are using to record these great tunes with...PLEASE :)

- Bass was recorded direct through a Yorkville bass head, limmited by a DBX 162 at the time of tracking.
- The guitars were recorded live. We used a Messa-Boogie Mark 4 head with a Messa-Boogie 1X12 cab. I used a Beyerdynamic 422 to mic it. We had that amp CRANKED very loud.
- For the drums, I used a an EV RE27 N/D on the kick, a pair of AKG C418 for the overhead, and a Sennheiser e604 for the snare. I did not like the sound of the Sennheiser during the mixdown, so I did not use it much in the mix. The drummer played heavy enough that the overheads got a beeter snare sound. We used drum pads and a DM5 for the toms.
- I used a Beyerdynamic MCE-90 for the vocals.
Although I recorded the music through my MCI, I was not able to use that board for mixdown because my relay power supply was in the shop. I used a Korg 168RC to mix the project.

On "Abraham" was that two bass lines or just the bass drum sounding like another bass?
Sounds clean!
Man that was one distorted electric guitar tone!
Almost like a GWAR vocal done on guitar.
I visited that Flax site and didn't quite understand their biblical quotational frenzy. It started out kind've logical, quoting wherever in the bible that Flax was mentioned, but then it degenerated into random quotations...
I think it's strange that I like their music as much as I do.

Back