Appreciate some Feedback (what! Feedback?!)...pardon the pun..

Jla999

Dudes or Dudesses,

So ok I reckon my guitar playing, and sometimes my singing actually half sounds reasonably good (cough cough)......considering I have basically been playing since I was 8 and am now 41, so it bloody well should.

Now I'm not suggesting I'm about to launch into becoming a Rock Star at this point in my life – BUT – I would like to record some “stuff” and maybe get a chance to be a Guitarist for bands – even as a fill in. Now that would be cool.

Can anyone help an ageing wannabe with some tips on what I need to do some basic recording that sounds half decent?

Cheers – jla999

Quit smokin (cough cough)...

Pick up a local rag and go to all the local music stores and answer all the wants ads. Club owners will hire you from listening to a demo, musicians wants to see you in action and don't forget to do a little research on the band you're auditioning for.

On the recording side there's a few different options depending on how much money you have and how good you want your recrdings to sound.

Do you have any knowledge on the recording process at all? Do you have any ideas on how you'd like to go about it? ie. cassette multi-track, digital mutli-track, computer based?

People tend to shy away from questions that are so broad because it would take quite a long time to give you a meaningful answer.

Give us a few more clues.

Back