Applying FX...live

ajsajs

Hey everyone,
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I thought I'd give it a try:
So I've been getting familiar with the effects and knobs of my various FX, and I was wondering whether or not it's possible to apply it in real time. By this, I mean let's say you want to slowly increase reverb on a track. Is it possible to 'record' your reverb knob, and your mixing program will recognize and record the information of you slowly turning your reverb knob as the track plays?? I specifically am trying to do this with the native instruments Kore and Reaktor programs, but I think this concept applies in general. I think the same solution goes for oscillations? Let's say you want to change the frequency of oscillation on a sound during the song vs. a constant oscillation. There has to be some sort of live way to do that - I can't really think of any other way to do it (unless you're the physics type and can enter some sort of equation into the oscillator).

Or is everything 'automation'. I think I've found out that mixcraft 4 doesn't have automation for FX, just filters, volume and panning. There must be a way to do it within Reaktor let's say then, and just import it into mixcraft. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas it would be really helpful.
Thanks,
Ari

Back