Apollo X6 va Apollo x4

IIIVIP

I’ll be purchasing the Townsend Sphere L22 mic along with either the x4 or x6. I’ll only be recording vocals 1mic.
My questions.

1. Will I have a better quality if I use the x6 instead of the x4?

2. Why do audio interfaces run out of dsp when loading plugins?
I thought all an audio interfaced does was pre amp and covert raw audio to digital. On your computer you edit the raw vocals with all sorts of plugins. What do the plugins have to do with the audio interface and why can they max out?

Sorry for the noob question. Smh
Excited to learn.

I can't tell you if you will have any better "quality" between the two, but I suspect that any difference would be minuscule at most. The preamps are the same, and I'm guessing the converters are as well. The differences are more about features. The X6 can do 5.1 monitoring which the X4 can't, supports talkback, etc. For most people the x4 would be more useful, since it has more mic preamps. The X6 is more targetted at a studio with other external mic preamps. If you're just doing vocals, and only using 1 mic, that's not really even an issue.

Doing DSP plugins int he interface takes load off the computer processor. Your computer can spend more time attending to important things like saving the recording data for multiple channels without having to spend cycle modifying the data first.

Thanks, I have a M1 Max chip, I don’t care much about external CPU and don’t want to carry an audio interface to use Uaduio plugins. Just hear they are now offering them to be native. I’ll probably downgrade to the Apollo twin or solo.

Back