Apogee Big Ben

Depends on what converters you're using. If you have a Rosetta (for example), even Apogee recommends a better clock. If you're using a Lavry Blue, UAD2192, Crane Song HEDD or something along those lines, then you already have one.

Sorry, but I do not believe that the clock on a Digimax is in the same league as a Big Ben.
um, i know that, thus the creation of this thread.

my question in general is...i run a digimax lt and digi002 as my primary "everything" for my small studio. will the apogee big ben be worth it for me, or would my small amount of spare money be better spent on other gear?

Um, oh, sorry, misunderstood your post ...I though you were suggesting the digimax as a solution :)

It's a question of perceived return on the dollar. If the rest of your chain is "sub-par", then you'd be better off spending your money there because it will always only be as good as its weakest link. That said, my experience is that a good clock can be a significant upgrade to lesser ones. YMMV.

um, i know that, thus the creation of this thread.

my question in general is...i run a digimax lt and digi002 as my primary "everything" for my small studio. will the apogee big ben be worth it for me, or would my small amount of spare money be better spent on other gear?

Um, oh, sorry, misunderstood your post ...I though you were suggesting the digimax as a solution :)

It's a question of perceived return on the dollar. If the rest of your chain is "sub-par", then you'd be better off spending your money there because it will always only be as good as its weakest link. That said, my experience is that a good clock can be a significant upgrade to lesser ones. YMMV.

awesome. appreciate the input.

Back