Anyone with covers?

mm2k5

I was just wondering if anyone had any really good covers they wanna post. Like the guy the other day with Crazy Train..that totally kicked ass! I was just hoping to hear more stuff like that, thanks in advance.

I have a whole page of covers, at...

http://www.nowhereradio.com/davemania/singles

I don't know if they're "really good" by your standards, and they're nowhere on par with a cover of "Crazy Train", but they're the best recordings I could muster.

If I were to pic a few favorites off the list, it would start with the top four songs on the list, being my four most recent recordings. That's:
"Mother's Little Helper",
"Solitary Man",
"Long Time Gone" and
"Moonage Daydream",
... my four most recently recorded covers.

Further down the list, from track #5 & on down, are some less recent recordings from the 'archives'. It's a long list, but there's a lot to choose from. A couple of my older favorites would be:
"Loudmouth",
"Havana Affair",
"I Don't Care",
"Love Me Do",
"Listen to My Heart",
"Isolation",
"Wait",
"Rock & Roll Suicide",
"Sarah",
"Think for Yourself",
"I'll Be Back",
"Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World",
"Chain Saw",
"Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue",
"Beware My Love",
"Norwiegian Wood",
"I Remember You",
"She's the One",
"Oh Oh, I Love Her So",
"Lovely Rita",
"Glass Onion",
"With You There to Help Me",
"Look At Me"
"Judy is a Punk"

Aw, heck, that's half the darn list! Just go to NWR, hit my singles page, and choose whatever you want. There's 29 songs on the list, all covers. I hope you enjoy them, as much as I enjoyed recording them! It's maybe not "really good", but it's as well as I could do at the time.

I'm itching to record something new, anyway, /TBD/.

ARP- Have you the heard the version of Moonage Daydream by RACER X? It's the only version I've ever heard of the song so it was cool to hear your version. I've never even heard the original! If you want to hear it, let me know and I'll get it to you somehow.
RF

Well, gosh no! I thought I was the only one to cover that!

My NWR version of "Moonage Daydream" dates,... Feb 03, & when was theirs released?

I have always covered that song, since the .... forever,... since forever,... like, ever since I learned to play guitar,... which was like,... yesterday! Ha, no, just kidding. I've played "Moonage Daydream" for at least 20 years, and you'd laugh yourself sideways if you heard some of my first versions, that date back to 1982, in the dawning ages of the Portastudio. This version on NWR is definitely my most contemporary, best produced, and best version ever of this song. Maybe I'll record it again, TBD. Certain songs are there forever, and never go away.

Well, it is a great song, "Moonage Daydream", by David Bowie. I thought I was the only one to cover it, but it doesn't surprise me that someone else did.

Actually, yes, it does surprise me. I haven't heard any other covers of Moonage Daydream, but the original rocks. Maybe e- the other cover version to me. You can e- me off this board.

That's my stuff/ There's like 28 songs out there, and I like 'em a lot. Home recording is fun, and there's a good variety of stuff there. It's fun to post stuff to the web, but I'd do music & recording regardless. I like covers, probably more than originals, of which I have none, but that's probably another thread. When I do a cover, I try to do it in a straight tribute style, and have fun with it, and that's pretty much it, 'cept I try to hit my cues, changes, notes & stuff, the way they should be. I try to bring some energy to the session & try to capture it to tape. I like a natural ambient sound. I'm not the best player, or singer, but I can throw a few changes together for fun.

Thanx for the listen, ay!;)

Last edited:
ive got some more stuff

along the lines of the Ozzy cover i posted (Journey, Europe, Ac/dc and others). Ill post them once i get some descent mixes together.

Back