Anyone with a lot of experience? Help Needed!!

LocTaktics

Heres the situation..
I have a Steinberg MI4 Pre-amp Plugged into my PC through the USB. And with it, I've been using the program Cubase Sl 2.0. Im not entirely satisfied with that program so I decided to go for Cool Edit Pro. Any idea in how to set it up?..
Yesterday I went into it, I was in the Edit View and I recorded and then it played for 1 sec (but no sound came out), if that makes sense.. and then yeah nothing happens. If I get out of the program I cant listen to music on my computer or the computer sounds dont even make any noise. Does anyone know whats going on here?

You have to select audio I/O in the Options/Settings or Device Order menus. Be sure that after you have selected your output device that you tick the box "Use in EV [Edit View]." Otherwise you won't hear anything.

Thanks for the reply deluxe.. well I did that, even though the settings were already set to MI4 (input and output and edit view) but its still the same problem. Im just thinkin maybe the MI4 isnt compatible with CEP 2.0?? Any other ideas? I seriously need to get it working

Back