Anyone using Sonar and 2 monitors and/or 2 CPU Processors?

f. lai,

> how big of a difference has it made for you? <

I use two video monitors, and I can't imagine working any other way. My main monitor is a 21-inch running 1280x1024, and that shows the Track view. The second, on the right, is a 17-inch at 1024x768 for the Piano Roll and Event List. Everything I need is visible all at once, and I NEVER have to hide / show windows to see what I want.

--Ethan

Two monitors, dual processors

Hi there!

I'm also using a dual screen setup, and I agree: I'll never go back! It's brilliant if you want full control! It's so good I almost wish I had a third monitor... (but that probably wouldn't work out). Both are Hansol 19" and resolution set to 1280x1024 using ATI Radeon 7500.

My last PC (upto the point it was stolen) had dual processors. If you really want a rock stable PC (you have to run Win2000 or XP), then dual processoring is the way to go. BUT if you use two 1GHz processorcs, that is not the same as one 2 GHz processor. Dual processoring increases the speed, but in Sonar I think your PC will be around 1,6 times faster (if you have two processors compared to one).

-

Have run dual-monitor for the last 5 years or so... couldn't go back. Have run on single & dual proc over the years, the more the merrier. :)

Me too (?two)

I run Sonar XL w/ 2 19" monitors, and love it- leave the track view and mixer view open all the time. Its great!

I concur...don't even think about it, just do it.
I bought 2 Viewsonic 19" G90f series monitors and a matrox G450 dualhead video card.
I thought it would be better to have 2 of the same monitors and I love it.
I use 2 monitors with everything I do, not just Sonar.

As for dual processors, I have read up on it alot, just don't have the money, but when I do...!

A1MixMan

I've also got the MatroxG450 and dual NEC1530v LCD monitors.
Its a beautiful thing.

The LCD screens don't throw much heat, there's no radiation and no hum generated in my electric guitar if I'm close the to screens!

My one crowded workspace is much easier and roomier to work in and I can see all of Sonars screens, windows and options.

Now if I could just get comfortable with Sonar....

Back