Anyone used the SE 2000a mic?

Bo Legged Snake

Anyone used the SE 2200a mic?

I'm looking to buy an LDC microphone and I've narrowed my list down to a SE 2200a or a Studio Projects C1. From what little info I can find on the SE mics, they seem to be a step above the other Chinese mics in terms of quality control. However I can't seem to find any reviews from people who have actually used them

Last edited:
I have an SE2200 (not the 'A' version). It's still pretty much an OEM mic, as in, SE buy the mics and have their name stamped on the front. But anyhow, it's a very good value mic. I haven't used the C1, so I can't help you there. One thing you need to know is that the SE2200A is the same mic as the JoeMeek JM47 - except there are some new JM47s about to go on sale that the PMI people have changed the electronics in. Sooooo ... right now, get the SE2200A or JM47, whichever you can find cheaper. However, as the new JM47s are starting to ship, it might make sense to hang on a little to find out if they are any good.

Hope that helps,

Nik

Truth is, both the SE 2200A and the JM47 are both based on the same circuit design as the MXL V67G...they both just added the 2 switches...I've had all three mics and opted to keep the 2200A and sell the other two...better build quality and a better ring-type shockmount made the 2200 an easy choice...great for vocals...but if "best-bang-for-the-buck" is your preference, the MXL V67G wins hands down for under $100...

Back