anyone used the AKG perception 200?

guitar_chris

anyone used the AKG perception 200 or the new 220?

Sorry I realize this has been posted a few times in the past but its been about a year since the last post so im wondering if anything new has come along thats better?

Im starting my studio on a budget and a friend suggested an AKG perception 200 for recording vocals and acoustic guitar. I also see AKG has come out with a new mic the AKG perception 220 anyone know if its any good?

If you have any comments about these mics or perhaps a suggestion for another that would also be around $100-$200 bucks that would be a good choice for acoustic guitar and vocals i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
guitar_chris

Last edited:
I've heard some very good work done by my friend Rick Gottleib on a perception 200. No clue about the 220. It was relatively transparent, like a lot of Chinese mics, such as a Studio Projects B-1. The Perception is a perfectly good entry-level Studio Condenser, in its pricerange. Some folks think I have an AKG bias, 'cause I like some of their dynamics, and the C2000B and C414. This is only a little true, but I have used a number of their mics with success.

Frankly, at that price point, I'd go on ebay and find me a (probably brand new) C2000B. Austrian manufacture, better shock mount, (make sure you grab one- H-100 )-a really useful Studio starter mic. Good luck in your mic search.-Richie

Back