Anyone use Audacity?

Neotrix

Hey does anyone use Audacity or even heard it? Its a recording program and its free. Its pretty good and all that, but comparing with Cakewalk is another story...Anyway, I need help on Audacity so I hope someone in this forum have used it before

I only use it to edit wav's and convert MP3's to wav!I don't think it's much good for multitracking,but I could be wrong!

Hey Neotrix...Don't want to high-jack your thread, but I do want to discuss Audacity. I have taken an interest in Audacity because I have several friends who are musicians and who have decent computers but who have never tried to record with their computers. I wanted to find a free program to get them started with computer recording. I have been recommending that they check out Audacity. I saw Audacity mentioned on this board before and I did a search of multi-track recording software programs on hitsquad.com and Audacity seemed like the best choice (as far as free programs...another free program that looked interesting is called Kristal, which I have seen mentioned on this board also)...I have not used Audacity (I am a 4-track cassette guy who has just started using PowerTracks on my computer), and have just read a small amout about it.

How many tracks are you getting with Audacity?...does it have any effects built-in (reverb, compressor, etc.)...What problems are you having (you said you needed help with Audacity....also if you are more specific about your problem, you will probably get more helpful responses to your post)

mawtangent said:
How many tracks are you getting with Audacity?...does it have any effects built-in (reverb, compressor, etc.)...What problems are you having (you said you needed help with Audacity....also if you are more specific about your problem, you will probably get more helpful responses to your post)
-As far I know, I think its unlimited tracks, but I may be wrong.
-Yes, it has tons of effects like reverb, EQ, amplify, wah-wah, etc... However, its hard to costumize it. Meaning that lets say I want a particular reverb, you really have to mess it around and you gotta keep clicking preview IMO.
-Right now, I have many problems toward using this program because idk how this works (im a newb). One of them is that I want to setup as a Stereo track but when I have a stereo track and click Record button, it keeps recording into mono... Another one is that I dont know how I can get a playback while I'm recording...I know there's way that while recording, you could hear yourself play (I took recording lessons long time ago, and my teacher sang while recording and had a playback), But Im guessing this has to do with my labtop...
But soon enough, I will figure out this program and again, its not like cakewalk where it has more features, but Audacity is good enough.

Back