Anyone use a pre-amp with an Mbox 2?

blkdog7

What Pro Tools *****?
I was thinking about picking up an Art V3 pre-amp from my Mbox-2.

Does anyone have any experience using this or any other pre-amp with the Mbox 2? Is it an improvement or are the pres on the Mbox 2 good enough?

I am mostly looking to use it for DI bass and vocals.

I don't have the mbox 2, but I do have the original mbox and the 002r and yes, I actually use a preamp on both of them.

i would not bother with that particular preamp though. it would most likely not be an improvement. on the other hand i used an M-Audio DMP3 with my old mbox2 pro and felt that it was a bit of an improvement.

I use a focusrite voicemaster pro, and I can't think of the exact name of my other preamp but is focusrite as well. As you can tell I love focusrite pres. IMO they are the best AGAIN NOONE FLAME ME I SAID IN MY OPINION.

I have an Mbox and I tried a Presonus Eureka with the Burr Brown 627 upgraded chips. I can say that the improvement was marginal. My thoughts are, why buy something you already have. Spend your cash on some plugins that you dont have. You can obviously get great tones out of Protools and the right plugins.

k

I have an Mbox and I tried a Presonus Eureka with the Burr Brown 627 upgraded chips. I can say that the improvement was marginal. My thoughts are, why buy something you already have. Spend your cash on some plugins that you dont have. You can obviously get great tones out of Protools and the right plugins.

k

True, but if you get a great sound going into protools then you won't need plugins to make it better. The main plugins that I use are all free with protools.

I have a focusrite "platinum trackmaster" whatever, either way guitar center was making way for new stuff so it was half off for 220! I can tell you that the vocal sound over all is much cleaner and eq'ing and such is much less because i have a better sound going in (in my opinion)! And yes I have an MBOX2.

i have an mbox 1 at home that i am going to set up for a home studio. i want to record rap/r&b, and i have a few ideas for a quality budget setup...

so i wil use the mbox..
connected to either a studio projects vtb1 or an maudio dmp3 preamp

i would use either of these two preamps with either a:
studio projects c1/b1
mxl v69
behringer b1
any other rap vocal mic in this price range...

does anybody have any recommendations with a preamp/mic combination

Back