Anyone us Online Custom Drum Services?

dpreed1

Didn't know where else to post this, but I was wondering if anyone has used an online session drummer for any of their projects. I'm talking about services such as www.drumsforyou.com customdrumtracks.net, etc...
If so any comments on how they did, how helpful they where. Did they suck?

seryozha said:
I don't mean to be an ass, but why?

Are you not a fan of "Drum Machines"?

Not to be an ass, but drum machines suck. Getting a session drummer to lay down some real tracks will definitely add to just about every recording (save some hip hop and dance tracks, where machines are the standard sound).

Just thought I would try a new way of approaching percussion in my projects. Recently I bought groove agent 2 (the virtual drummer), honestly I hate it. Despite all there claims that it should be universal across platforms (vst, directx, rtas, rewire) it flat out sucks ass. Had problems with it in sonar and adobe audition and I don't feel I need to absorb another platform just to run their product. It set me back $200 for the application and then I found out I need their steinberg dongle (sold separately) for about $50. Then all this shit about compatibility just ruined my taste for the whole thing. So...thought I would try to get a discussion going about these session drummers for the hell of it.

Sorry, I havent.

Before doing this, go to the Mp3 clinic and try to hook up a collaboration, its the same thing except free :cool:

Back