Anyone try the new M-Audio Delta series drivers?

Dolemite

New drivers for the entire Delta series were released on 5-16:

http://www.midiman.net/support/drivers/new/Delta_wdm_510027.EXE

Release Notes: New WDM Driver for Delta series with updated ASIO support, updated 24 Bit MME support, updated theater panel support for Delta 410, 1010 and 1010LT cards with features like bass management, filtering and distancing for individual speaker placement. Fixes bug with stopping and staring SPDIF stream to external decoders.

Anyone try them yet? Be my guinea pig!

;)

I've been using the one for the 44 pretty much since it came out, and I've had no problems whatsoever for what it's worth. I use 98SE and Cool Edit, which uses MME.

Cheers,

Nathan

Any XP hamsters?

I'm usually loathe to update anything that seems to work perfectly! I think that this is mostly paranoia. YMMV.

I'm using them with Windows 2000 (Delta 44 and N-Track). Playback is fine with the WDM Drivers, haven't had a chance to record anything yet. Was previously running Windows 98 with major stability problems.

I loaded these up over the weekend and everything seemed okay until I checked my SPDIF page in the Delta Control Panel.

With these new drivers - I get "Invalid Input Detected" displayed on the frame that shows whether a Coax or RCA input is in use. My SPDIF input seems fine so I don't know if this is just a bad text string on display or something else more serious.

As such - I didn't trust it and went back to .26. Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Using Onmi Studio/Delta 66 on Windows 2000.

Cheers,

Cuzin B

I haven't been able to get .27 or .26 working properly in Sonar 2, although they work fine in other applications.

Sonar worked fine with the 5.12.1.25 (11-2001) drivers and also worked fine using an SBLive.

Edit - After running the 'wave profiler' in sonar several times and adjusting buffer settings (it seems by luck) I finally got it working properly.

Last edited:
my drivers still work fine... i'm using Xp Pro.. works fine with Nuendo/Sx/Wavelab/Reason o and i have a latency of 2ms

CyanJaguar said:
how come I cant get bass management in ME?
what drivers do you have?? it should be right next to the s/pdif
look at the pic

Attachments

• bass management.jpg
    bass management.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 43
if ur drivers don't work use the delta uninstaller to uninstall them

I use the new drivers wit Sonar 2 XL in XP PRO...no problems at all rock solid

HEY i don't have that bass management option i guess its for 1010's only? i gotta 66

I am using them under win XP pro with no problems w/ delta66 Omni studio... I used to get problems sometimes with ASIO but it was either the .26 or the new .27 that seems to have fixed it... low latency with both ASIO and WDM 24bit

Back