Anyone try one of these amps?

Kelly5150

Roland cube 15 practice amp?....

I saw an ad, and checked em out online, listened to some demo sounds and deceided I needed a little amp with no frills to play my Podxt through...
So I ordered the cube 15 for $95.00 smackers...
Got it today and man does that thing kick ass!... for only 15 watts, and an 8 inch speaker..
It has some killer distortion settings, (metal being my favorite)...I can only turn it up to 4 and I have to close my windows...
If your looking for a hot little practice amp, play through one at your local music store, you'll be surprized...

:)

many moons ago.....

i remember seeing a picture of eddie van halen, sitting in and jamming with allan holdsworth, at one of those many music shows in LA........
maybe a namm show, not sure....
anyway, the picture was him playing one of his Kramers, through what looked like a roland cube 15.....

could have been the slightly bigger 30 watt version, but it's the same thing, basically.....

hm.....

I've got the new Cube 30, and it rocks!!!

I've got the Cube 30, and it's one of the most amazing little amps I've ever used. I wanted a small, lightweight practice amp so I didn't have to schlep my JCM 900 2500 half stack around for jamming, and decided to try this little guy out. At $225, the only thing lightweight about it is it's physical weight (20 pounds). The amp models are great, as is the clean channel (based on the JC-120). This one has a 10" speaker powered by 30 watts, and it's amazingly loud! The "blackface" and "AC-30" amp models were worth the price of admission, but with all the other models and built-in digital effects make it one of the best small amp values available, IMHO. I love it!

check it out......

http://usuarios.iponet.es/asha/eddhol.jpg
eddhol.jpg

Gonzo-x : thanks for posting the photo... wow - Eddie looks like a little kid!

The amp he's playing through looks like one of the early Roland Cube amps... not the same thing as the new Cube 15 and Cube 30.

The original Cube was pretty much a loud, clean amp, with no bells and whistles. They're still sought after by keyboardists that need loud, clean, small amps, or by guitarists that want the same thing (loud, squeeky-clean, small).

The new Cube 15 and Cube 30 are tone-monsters, developed especially for guitarists.

The more I play through it, the more I love it.... it flat out rocks...

Having a PODXT and a BOSS VF-1 w/COSM, I really didn't need the amp modeling and effects of the Cube 30, it wasn't worth the extra $130, now if it was only 50 or 60 bucks more I probably would of got it just for the hell of it...

But Im very happy with the Cube 15...
Its an awesome little amp...:)

;)

Back