Anyone Synced an Adrenalinn I/II to their BR8 or BR1600?

welldonep

Hello folks ... just wondering if anyone has synced (via midi) a/their Adrenalinn I or II to their BR8 or BR1600. As most/some of you know, the Adrenalinn units are beat/midi synched to the internal drum machine, so with that in mind, I was wondering if anyone has to sync it with their DAW/Boss unit via midi so when hitting play/record on the recorder, it starts the Adrenalinn in time/clock-sync with the recorder? I'm interested in doing this, but am not so good with midi, so if anyone has done this successfully, and wouldn't mind advising a simple how-to, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much!

Peter

I am not familiar with Adrenalin ('cept when I go to the Nascar races), but I sync my 1600 via Midi to drum machine and/or Studio Magic sequencing software. It is actually quite easy to do. I have a laptop running Magic. I have an MAudio USB/MIDI interface that I attach between the laptop and the recorder. I can record MIDI data into the sequencer, which is also connected via MIDI to a sound module or drum machine. On the 1600, you have to go into the 'Sync' menu option and select Midi Clock (I think...as opposed to MMC or SMTP ...can't remember). When I hit the play button on the 1600, the sequencer starts in the same time/tempo as the 1600. Works great.

Steve

Thanks for the reply

Hey, thanks for the reply Steve. I think that more or less answers my question. The Adrenalinn II is a beat-synced preamp/amp-modeler/effects unit. The idea is that the delay(s) and/or tremelo is synced with the internal drum machine (oh yeah, it's a drum machine too!), so it's in time 'all the time' rather than wandering off somehwhere into the stratosphere. I used to do this kinda thing all the time, but it took using a few different effects units, a midi pedal, and two amps to achieve. This unit does it for you. It's actually pretty cool for certain things ... but as always, if you ain't got a decent tune to apply it to, well, it really isn't worth a whole lot (to me, at least).

Cheers!

Peter

I own a Roland VS-880 and an AdrenaLinn. I set the VS-880 MIDI clock to MIDIclk. Then I set the tempo (with a tempo map) on the VS-880 (say 122 beats per minute or whatever tempo you want). Make sure AdrenaLinn "Clock In" is set to on; "Channel" setting to "ALL". Hook up MIDI cable from recorder MIDI OUT to AdrenaLinn MIDI IN. The recorder should now control the tempo of the AdrenaLinn. I've never used this Forum before, and I don't know if I'll be on it again any time soon. You can e-mail me with further questions at:

svstreutker@yahoo.com

Back