Anyone play with the NIN master tracks yet?

Fireal402

Eyeballs! OH MY GOD EYES
Him (Trent Reznor) released the master tracks for free (after stems and stuff, can't have everything) for two songs, The Hand That Feeds and Only.

I use logic, so I could import the The Hand That Feeds. I spent about 6-7 hours on it, an I'm amazed. It sounds NOTHING like Nails, but almost like a new song in it's own right.
Kinda like the blues, but with rock and metal and none of the synthpop of the commercial mix.
I'm gonna put it up on the .mac thing in my sig, and please check it out, even if you don't like nails. It adds a very interesting element to the music that his "angst" tends to get in teh way of. The only deal is I had don't have access to BFD, so I had to use some pretty generic samples on the drums.

It also makes the politcal views stand out even more. I don't know if that's good or bad but it sounds cool

I loved his work when I was pissed, then lost interest, but now playing with the full tracks and being able to remix is amazing. He's even said he may release EP's with the best fan mixes. He has a way of composing noise that only one person I know can do, and his layering is crazy.

I'd really like to hear if anyone else did any remixes, it was easy as pie, and pies can't say no.

I saw that, but I lost interest in NIN so long ago that I just can't be bothered. I'd rather be doing something original anyway.

Back