Anyone like flamed maple?

Stefan Elmblad said:
That first one was one of the ugliest I've seen...seriously. Why overdo it ? Looks like a gypsy/pimp guitar.

How could all that beautiful flame be ugly?.. you cant overdo flame... theres no such thing as too much flame...
Thats like saying my car is too fast or my girlfriend is too pretty...:)
Exactally what is a gypsy/pimp guitar?... I didn't know pimps play guitar....:)

Kelly5150 said:
How could all that beautiful flame be ugly?.. you cant overdo flame... theres no such thing as too much flame...

I'm the same way, I love flame and quilted tops...
However there are lots of people that won't even look at a guitar
unless it's painted.

Not me man,... I love to see the wood.

You didn't know gypsys played guitar?????
I gotta introduce you to Monty. :D :D :D :D :D

Kelly5150 said:

It's not the flame, it's the butt ugly design and half assed finish. Who the hell doesn't put a stain on flamed maple? I don't think the maple has enough flame.

TheGuitarMan said:
It's not the flame, it's the butt ugly design and half assed finish. Who the hell doesn't put a stain on flamed maple? I don't think the maple has enough flame.

It's just a matter of taste... that body style has sold probably hunderds of thousands of copies....
There's something to be said for simplicity, some people like the feel of the natural oiled wood without all the shiny coatings and some like the look of natural flame without all the color, I happen to like both....
Sometimes you like your girlfriend without all the makeup on looking sweet and natural, sometimes you like her looking like a cheap slut..:D:D:D

Sometimes you like your girlfriend without all the makeup on looking sweet and natural, sometimes you like her looking like a cheap slut..:D:D:D

lol

Graduate of Howard Stern academy I would guess.

TheGuitarMan said:
Some people just have bad taste. For instance, those who like cheap sluts.

Yeah whatever... I was more or less making a joke.... maybe you should pull the stick outta your ass and loosin up a bit... You take everything so literaly, and are you always so "matter of fact"?...
Get a grip.....

Back