Anyone Know of Software That Can Do This?

Mixxit12

How Now Brown Cow
Okay, this isn't actually a piece of recording equipment. I play in a band where it's sometimes necessary to play audio files from a laptop instantly. I need software that will make lots of .wav files readily available for playback.

BSI Stinger 2.0 is almost exactly what I'm looking for. Here is the link to the software:
http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/p...ayers/Stinger---Instant-Audio-Playback?pid=55

Do you guys know of anything else like this that's a little prettier and a little less expensive?

Thanks in advance for the help!

By the way, I should mention that I don't want to scroll through a file list to find the cut I'm looking for.

if you're looking solely for functionality then ignore its "prettiness"

I havn't heard of that stuff before...but it looks cool. thanks for bringing a new product to my attention. (new to me, atleast)

Agreed. When I say pretty I was more referring to layout rather than cosmetics (although it is rather ugly), but indeed function beats form everytime.

Anyone, anyone?

I'll second the software sampler route. You can also pick up a cheap MIDI controller and control everything from that.

I'm not sure your price range, but I believe there are some free samplers, though limited in nature. I'll check into that and see what I can come up with.

Back