anyone know if you can record analog and digital through a motu2408mk II at the..

enemyofthesun

anyone know if you can record analog and digital through a motu2408mk II at the same time?

I have a 8 channel presonus digimax with a light pipe I/O but I want to route a few analog channels from another preamp in and record all at the same time. possible?

enemyofthesun said:
anyone know if you can record analog and digital through a motu2408mk II at the same time?

I have a 8 channel presonus digimax with a light pipe I/O but I want to route a few analog channels from another preamp in and record all at the same time. possible?

Yes.

According to MOTU's site:

"The 1U rack-mountable 2408mkII actually provides 7 banks of 8 channel I/O: 1 bank of 24-bit analog on balanced TRS connectors, 3 banks of ADAT optical, 3 banks of Tascam TDIF, plus stereo S/PDIF. You can choose any three banks (24 channels) to be active at one time. This means you can hook up three ADATs, three DA-88s, and eight analog devices all at the same time and access any three banks - in any combination of formats - at any time. And you can freely switch formats at any time. "

That's cool, right?

Gus Lozada
Moderator of http://www.MusicPlayer.com/NuestroForo

Track Rat

How is the sound quality of the pci card that came with the 2408mkII? What are the resolution specs on this device? Like 24-bit/96kHz? I think I saw that there is only a 48kHz sampeling rate. Is that true?

What does the "mkII' part stand for? I have seen those letters used before with many recording devices. What the hell does it mean?

The mkII on the 2408 stands for the second generation of this particular model. The 2408mkII has upgraded features over the first incarnation.
On the lightpipe inputs, the spec is 24/48 (the limitation here is the lightpipe) On the S/PDIF side, it can handle 24/96.
The sound quality is fantastic, IMHO. I have the system clocked with a Lucid GenX6 and it kicks ass.

Back