Anyone heard of Collarlock drums?

capnkid

Optimus Prime
There is very little on the internet. I guess DW made them as an import, before Pacific was born. If anyone has info on these, please post.

I think the rubber gasket behind the lugs allows the lugs to be fastened firmly to the shell at a lower torque on the shell without buzzing or rattling.

That's about all I know....Carry on.

Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but I found a bit of info on Collarlock Drums, and thought I'd share. This is mostly a collection and distillation of all the info I could find. I am posting it here because this is the forum I am most active in, these days.

From my research, Collarlock was a drum rack builder, ala Gibralter, and a stand-alone company who ventured into the budget drum business some time in the 80's. Their drums were affordable, but featured suspended toms at a price point that made that feature rare.

In the early 90's, DW bought the company and sold the racks and drums under the Collarlock name for a few years. DW discontinued the Collarlock name in the mid to late 90's.

Odds are the drums were made in China, or Indonesia, Value should be just a tick above most MIC drum kits you would find, although sellers tent to ask more (and IMO, too much) for them, probably more for the DW connection (which is tenuous, at best) than the rim-mounted toms.

There is no evidence that anyone has resurrected the name since then, so if you run across a used set, you should assume it's between 12 to 20 years old.

Back