Anyone have a Robbie?

Lo-Fi Mike

This question might seam silly, but here it goes.

I just bought a B-Stock Robbie and the website as well as the manual states that they stock an ECC88 dual triode tube in Robbie.
The tube in my Robbie does not have any markings stating that it is an ECC88. Is that normal for Blue?

I also have a Vox Valvetronics that has a 12AX7, and the tube is actually marked
12AX7.

If anyone could assist me before i call the dealer.

they say there b-stock item follow the same standards as new gear.

-mike-

...I don't own a Robbie, but as a point of interest, the ECC88 can also be designated as 6DJ8 / 6922 / E88CC / CV2492 ...different manufacturers here and abroad use different tube reference numbers...the Rode NTK and K2 valve mics also utilize this family of tubes...

thanks

thanks bro'

there are marking on it, I'll have to go check it out again to see if they match anything you have wrote, if not, then I'll take a picture of the tube and see if anyone can make it out.

again, thanks

-mike-

Actually, equipment can function with the wrong tube in it. Different types may use the same pin-outs yet totally different voltages. Think of an EL34 (6ca7) and a 6L6. Fopr that matter, just a 6L6 compared to a 6L6GC, 6L6a etc.... Putting the wrong tube in can put lots of stress on both the tube itself and many of the other compenents within the circuit.

As far as the EC88 goes, it is not uncommon for some equipment to call for an EC88. Most circuits generally use the standard 12A_7 tubes, but there are plenty of other things that can be used. I personally would not reccomend putting a 12 AX7 into anything calling for an EC88. I will look through my collection and see how many EC88's I have. I am pretty sure I actually have quite a few ;)

Thanks

Actually, equipment can function with the wrong tube in it. Different types may use the same pin-outs yet totally different voltages. Think of an EL34 (6ca7) and a 6L6. Fopr that matter, just a 6L6 compared to a 6L6GC, 6L6a etc.... Putting the wrong tube in can put lots of stress on both the tube itself and many of the other compenents within the circuit.

As far as the EC88 goes, it is not uncommon for some equipment to call for an EC88. Most circuits generally use the standard 12A_7 tubes, but there are plenty of other things that can be used. I personally would not reccomend putting a 12 AX7 into anything calling for an EC88. I will look through my collection and see how many EC88's I have. I am pretty sure I actually have quite a few ;)

Also, a lot of your currently made chinese tubes are leaving the factory with no markings on them :(

thanks for all the info. :)

Back