anyone ever use a blue mic?

dleflerrice

just curious if anyone knows anything or has experience with blue mics? the baby bottle sounds good but I dont know if it really is or not. (I am thinking about vocals)

thanks

just curious if anyone knows anything or has experience with blue mics? the baby bottle sounds good but I dont know if it really is or not. (I am thinking about vocals)

thanks

Take this to the microphone forum - or just visit there with a search.
I know Jim Ladd just received two Blue bluebirds today and he will more than likely post his findings.
they are within the same price range and I believe that the bluebird would be a better fit than the baby.

Look at threads AKG solid tube and blue spark.

Last edited:
Got to be Oregon.
Portland's a great wee town.
Haven't plugged one in yet but the Bluebird does get better reviews than its big brothers/sisters.
I prefer "Sound on Sound" for reviews.
Here you go... BLUE Bluebird

I'll team it up with an AKG C3000 and be back with an A/B for you.
Should take a couple of hours.

I have a Blue baby Bottle. I use it alot for stuff here in my office. Nice mic. There are two songs I posted in the mp3 forum that I used a baby bottle on. "Hillbilly Tune" and "Tune I am Mixing" Used the bottle on acoustics and vocals. It did fine. The room was a much bigger problem than the mic.

awesome i will have to listen to them! I wish I could afford the cactus but.....I cant:( I am looking at getting the bluebird though...... have heard Jim Lad's recording in the blue spark thread in microphones (sounded good!)

The Kiwi is my favorite and will be my next Blue Mic purchase.
I do have another tune up using only the baby bottle thru a little presonus tube pre into an M-Audio FireWire 1814. "Faithfully"

Back