Anyone ever seen one of these?

joro

The Pie Guy
My buddy found this while driving today....it was in someones trash so, he immediately thought of me..... :rolleyes:
It's a SANO...15 watts I think..... def tubes...1-12 ....super clean with a cool trem and awesome verb...absolutely mint....I think the dust cover has been on it for 50 years....
This should be fun....... :D

Attachments

• photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 174
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 171
woah...thanks for the link!
I did do a google search but got nothing close to that info wise....

so...it's a model 16WR and after a few sprays of pot piss it's perfect.........
16 watts....two12AX7s, one 12AU7, one 7199, two 7591 power tubes and one 5Y3GT rectifier.....uber cool.....
the one they have for sale has a replacement speaker....mine is perfect...with the the original speaker and mine is just as clean....so, I suppose it's like finding $500 in the trash....
I will def be recording with this.:D

I think I'll try a few mics but, I have always wanted to use this one....$5.00 at Goodwill....it has it's own reverb built in....I am curious for sure...we shall see.....

Attachments

• photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 70
  • photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 70
Wait, he found it in someones trash!? :eek: That's as awesome as it is gonna get. I will have to start driving around more it seems.

ido1957

Only Radio Shack would have a reverb mic lol....

moresound

How the heck does it have built in verb?

Justsomeguy

By being like this awesome mic

lol! you are right but, tell me truth that you wouldn't drop 5 bucks on it for shits and giggles.....:laughings::rolleyes:

This is what I have to work with at the moment....one of them should do the trick....I have been dialing in the sound and will be recording for sure soon.:listeningmusic:

Attachments

• photo(11).JPG
    photo(11).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 128
ok fellas.....here's a quick recording....three tracks...no external effects...all amp.....

I used a sm 58 with the cover taken off making it basically an sm57....

the trem is pretty cool...I tried for three distinct different sounds......I wish there was eq built in but, there is not....

anyways............

Attachments

• sano1.mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
Sounds like a dandy to me. Great find. i have an old 60's Ampeg that came from someones trash. Their loss is our gain.

Sounds like a dandy to me. Great find. i have an old 60's Ampeg that came from someones trash. Their loss is our gain.
Greg_L said:
The trem bit sounds great. The rest, not so much. Cool find.

Thanks fellas.....I hear what you are saying Greg.....I suppose pedals would be better for the distorted tone....and a better guitar player for the lead....;)

Here are the same tracks with some drastic EQ applied and a wider panning.....

Attachments

• sano2.mp3
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
Back