Anyone ever experience this with the MR-8?

flat-9

Laid down a stereo piano part on tracks 1 & 2, went back to record the string part on 3 & 4 , but piano wasn't there on 1 & 2. Tried doing the piano again making sure I wasn't being a dumb ass, by double checking that RECORD and TRACKS 1 & 2 buttons were not blinking and were lit solid . Readings were nice and hot while recording. Same friggin' thing again. :mad:
Then I reformatted the CF , started from scratch, recorded again with hot readings and solid lights...............ziltch! :mad:
But get this....... shut the unit off, ready to start yet another time, and the song booted up with the piano part! ( BUT!!, here's the kicker..........The piano part didn't start until :09 and I know I started recording @ :02 ( kinda reminds me of a girl I used to..........sorry , another thread, another day. :D)
I've had this "late start " thing with previous recordings but it's intermittent.
Think these bugs are connected , or separate issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

peace,
flat-9

flat-9,

No, never had a problem like you described. I suggest taking the CF card to your computer and check to see whether the WAV files are there. If they are, copy them off to the computer for eventual mixing.

You can also try copying the tracks back to the card and see whether that fixes anything. I have done the following before. I have a track on the computer that I want to use on the MR8 and I know how long the track is. I do a dummy record onto a track on the MR8 (record for that amount of time, but with no audio input: basically a blank track). Then I take the CF and locate the WAV file on the card, rename my computer WAV file to match that name, then copy it to the card replacing the blank track. When I start up the MR8 again, I have my track I wanted. This is how I transfer my computer-generated drum track to the MR8.

That may be a way of recovering your tracks from the MR8 if the tracks actually exist, but the MR8 won't play them.

DC

Hey flat-9,

Can you open up the .adl file for this song in notepad (assuming you're on Windows...) and cut/paste it into a reply? There may be a clue in there.

MRX

I've had that same problem myself............just didn't have the master volume turned up. Besides feeling stupid for a while, no other problems like those you mentioned.

bd

digitcallous / mrx / bdbdbuck,

Thanks for the help and time it takes to post. I'll utilize this input next week and get back with any resulting solutions.

sincerely.
flat-9

Back