Anyone ever build a Mojo-Tone tweed amp kit ???

bubinski

DONT BOTHER.....unless you got the dough to tie up for 6 months or so........got a tweed deluxe 1 X 12" and first half the caps ,all the pots. the switches were back ordered...also sent a 2x12 cab instaed of 1x12....even though it was a 1x12 kit and had (1) speaker...they still sent a 2x12 cab.......duhh....emailed about the 6 caps that were missing ( not on the backorder list ) and they said they were not part of the kit ( on the schmatitic and board layout diagram ) ...part of the preamp section and tone....duhhhhhhhh......then they charged for them and shipping.....duh....4 months later still dont have the parts, and even some caps, they dont have and say they are not needed...( groung caps ?)......chassis cannot be soldered to without a oxy rig, but I dont want to burn the chrome of the face.......mexican pots, caps (except filter sprauges )....
I even emailed them and played stupid about if I bought a kit from them if it would be complete......they said the kit would be mostly complete, except for the parts they dont stock anymore, and the cab would be 45 days out or so in the cab shop......dickheads......
For about a couple of bucks more , the Mission kit seems far superior !!! thats my next deal for sure......yea...mojo has a rep for makin Fuchs cabinents, but I bet they have to kiss ass and get shit on like everyone else......
Pissed....Bub....

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Amp building should be enjoyable, not a big pain in the ass. So did you get the thing together? If so, how does it sound?

Back