Anyone else looking forward to the Studio Projects B1?

So Alan..........

I'm at that website and I'm looking through the prices and I'm kinda thinkin............how do you get the prices down so low....so much lower than the C series without major bad mics?

How do these actually compare, C1 to B1 and all the way down the line? In your opinion.....what would be the best reason(s) to buy a C1 over a B1 and so forth?

I'm asking because I am putting a list of my next few mics together and would like something multi patterned like a C3 and I'm curious as to how the B3 compares.....I like cheap but I'm a little skeptical;)

While I'm at it....how do YOU think your tube mics compare to an NTK? I have an NTK but I'm curious as to YOUR honest opinion.

And PLEASE don't anyone get on on Alan's ass for answering me:rolleyes:

Ya dig,

heylow

Thanks Heylow,This morning I actually recieved an e-mail from Randy at 8th st and he is supposed to check into it for me.I'm hoping I can order and get it over with.I'd like to get the mic ASAP but I'll be happy just putting my order in,as long as I know that it's on the way I will be happy.Man,I never had such a time trying to spend money!

Well,hopefully 8th st will tighten me up,I'm a little more optimistic about it this morning.If not I'll check with music center.I will keep fighting the good fight until I either get a TB-1 or get thrown into a mental institution howling like a madman.:D

"They should know us by our retail store's name, Zapf's Music Stores. Music123.com is Zapf's Internet division."

Alan, does this help? Does this make them official?

I was just about to get the Rode NTK... maybe I'll hold off on it. I would like to know how the TB-1 compares to the NTK (not simply which is "better" than).

Bowisc
NYC

toorglick said:
"They should know us by our retail store's name, Zapf's Music Stores. Music123.com is Zapf's Internet division."

Alan, does this help? Does this make them official?

Absolutely...Zapf's..They are a dealer! We shipped them today. They got C1's and B1's, but sorry to say, they have no B3's or TB1's on oder...

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

Re: So Alan..........

heylow said:
I'm at that website and I'm looking through the prices and I'm kinda thinkin............how do you get the prices down so low....so much lower than the C series without major bad mics?

How do these actually compare, C1 to B1 and all the way down the line? In your opinion.....what would be the best reason(s) to buy a C1 over a B1 and so forth?

I'm asking because I am putting a list of my next few mics together and would like something multi patterned like a C3 and I'm curious as to how the B3 compares.....I like cheap but I'm a little skeptical;)

While I'm at it....how do YOU think your tube mics compare to an NTK? I have an NTK but I'm curious as to YOUR honest opinion.

And PLEASE don't anyone get on on Alan's ass for answering me:rolleyes:

Ya dig,

heylow

Lot of questions. When you find a way to assemble for mass production, the prices become better. The B Series is designed to be a mass produced mic line. One piece spun brass body, no etching, easy build components, and easy assembly all attribute to the lower cost.

The C Series has more of a vintage colored sound, where the B Series is a bit more neutral, however, I must confess that I am surprised by all the B Series mics. They turned out much better that I expected, so rather than comment, I will let you all be the judge. The C Series is still an upscale mic, yet still very low cost, and the B Series is almost disposable microphones, that will shock many people as a result of the quality you get for that kind of money.

The B3 is much better than I expected, and for a 3 pattern mic for $160.00, I suppose it will establish itself very quickly. In addition, when Randy gets his TB1, I think he will freak on it. It really is smooth, warm and silky, so for $299.99, what else is out there.

Anyway, we have been shipping today again non stop, and we will continue to do so until we fill all the backorders.

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

I'm ready to freak Alan!I recieved a e-mail from Randy at 8th st and he is supposed to get back to me so I'm a little more optimistic about dealing with them.I cancelled my order at music 123 last night and then got a little freaked that they were a distributer under another name but then read that they didn't get any TB-1s anyhow so all is cool.Hopefully tommorow I can order my mic.:D

Randy Yell said:
I'm ready to freak Alan!I recieved a e-mail from Randy at 8th st and he is supposed to get back to me so I'm a little more optimistic about dealing with them.I cancelled my order at music 123 last night and then got a little freaked that they were a distributer under another name but then read that they didn't get any TB-1s anyhow so all is cool.Hopefully tommorow I can order my mic.:D

Actually Randy called me today, but I felt bad because I could not talk to him except to tell him his order shipped. We were too busy today to do much of anything. The wait is really over Randy, you can order from him or Coast Recording, Zotz Digital, or any of our dealers, as long as they ordered them. You will have it in your hot hands next week!

I am anxious as everybody is to hear your comments!! :D

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

Alan,the deal is done!I talked to Randy and put in my order.He seemed very nice and helpful and said I shopuld recieve my mic within a day or so after they get their shipment so it looks like it should be next week.I am stoked!!:D

Thank you for the help and advice Alan.I am grateful that you took the time to help me during a very busy time for you.I am sorry if I was a pain in the ass but I was worried about missing the boat and I've been waiting for a while for the B-series(not as long as you though!).It was because of the attitude you have toward your products and your customers that I'm willing to buy a mic that not only I haven't heard but that no one else has either.It was also because I've got a feeling that the TB-1 is going to be special.

This mic is coming at the right time too,I just hooked up with a lady singer who has a very nice voice.I can't wait to get it to tape and when I do (and when I figure out how to post songs)I will post a clip so everyone can hear the TB-1.Thanks again.

I know will really dig the mic, so let us all know when you get it, and for the record, you were not a pain in the ass. I can think of a few who are, but you were cool :D

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

Whew!

I guess I was very lucky when doing business with Music123. Let me tell you all about my adventure:

As many of you guys may know, I am from Mexico. My brother works in the USA Consulate and went to New Orleans in a bussiness trip. Of course, I asked him to bring me some gear because I would save a lot on shipping and taxes, actually a SP C1 (first and foremost :) ), a MXL 603s and a Delta 1010lt. I ordered both mics in Music123 so they could ship them to Louisiana in a three-day window (wednsday thru friday). They were very helpful, and actually the only online retailer that agreed to take a foreign credit card. The order arrived 1 day early than planned and it was all perfect!

Good thing I didn't read this thread before, or I wouldn't been able to sleep those three days!!!! :D

Hey Alan, great mic! I hope my brother goes over there soon so I can geta a pair of b1's (not the bomber planes, but the mics ;) )

Back