Anyone bother ?

Erik O.

Hi all,

So, I'm one of the new kids on the block. I guess I'm on the same journey as you guys - trying to make better sound.
I 've uploaded my first "release" on mp3.com and I'm very interested in comments on any aspects of the song.
And please, don't hold anything back - I really want to learn.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Erik

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/351/erik_oberg.html

Real nice ambience on the sound. Acoustics are nice too. I see it's a cover. Do you have any originals?

Thanks a lot, Track Rat.
At the moment I'm working on another cover version. When it's done, I'll definitely turn to finish some of my own material.

The cover versions are ment to be an exercise in order to try to build up my self confidence :)

Erik

very original(for a cover, I suppose) and sounds nice. I especially like the vocals with the split/delay on them....sounds really nice, as well as everything else. I would certainly enjoy hearing an entire Cd of yours, should it be this orignal, and sound as well. How close to the original is this?

Thanks for your kind words, badgas and mixmkr.

My arrangement is very different from the original. The original was merely vocal, two acoustic guitars, piano and a cymbal - very beautiful, though.

The only things I "kept" from the original was the melody/lyrics, the two acoustics and the subdued vocal

Last edited:
Back