kick.....sm58
snare.......some random unbranded mic
OH's.........fairly cheesy $10 radio shack mics

Bass:
Peavy T-40 DI'ed throuh SansAmp Bass DI

Guitars:
ESP DI'd through PODXT

Nylon String Guitar / Synth strings:
Muti played live on Evolution 461 controller into Kontakt (even used the samples that came with the program

Softwares:
Nuendo 2.1
Kontakt
Krjun-something free plugs, classic limiter
Crystal Synth (also free)

Interface:
M-audio Delta 66 with Omni I/O
All monitored on state of the art:
M-audio SP-5B's and a 250watt/12" polk audio sub :cool:

Gotta make do with what ya got.....what do you guys think given the crappy gear......?

hmmm....what the hell does that mean......>????

Does it play in the background when you go to the page and give it a second to load?

imagineaudio said:
hmmm....what the hell does that mean......>????

Does it play in the background when you go to the page and give it a second to load?

Nope! We can't even access the webpage at all. Have you considered hosting it elsewhere?

Weird! It's working fine for me now.

Interesting tune! The drums do suffer a bit from the rather sparse my selection--but there's only so much you can do on a budget. I had a very hard time making out the bass drum, and the mix is muddy and could use more work.

Keep at it.

Less compression!!!!!
And what type of Radio Shack mics did you use? I might have to pick up a few of those.

sheez...

I would love to comment on this...I mean give some insight on what you might do better som "critique" as they say...
but considering the gear you used...namely the way you made that kit sound with those mics and the mic set up...damn!

I don't what "sound" you were going for but sounds pretty f*cking good,
I love it.

Now I am ready to hear your vocal recording technique.

Thanks for the feedback guys...... I'm not sure what kind of radio shack mics they were, i assume just the $20 ones they sell for kareoke (sp?). As for the muddy bottom end, i agree completely. My problem is this: The M-audio POS monitors i used don't reproduce much in the bottom end, the only way i can see to fix this is to ad a sub. The sub i used is a $450 250watt, 12inch polk audio. Im sure it's not very accurate. Im just having a little trouble getting the sub and the monitors balanced.....but i'll give it another try and see what I can do......

Omni pre

I got in there finally

I can see you used the omni pre which I believe has 2 right?
On the kit you obvioulsy went live with 4 mics --
what did you use for (a preamp) the other 2 mics and which ones?

By the way - considering the gear used---sounds really nice.

Heh...one mic went into a peavy powered PA mixer with a real bud buzz, the other went through POD 2.0 with no amp simulation.......kinda jury riged, eh?

The were the mics that said Radio Shack on them .......heh :D

Back