anybody like propellerhead Reason?

tvaillan

HI, I just downloaded the demo for porpellerhead Reason. To me, it looks like a professional app.
Anybody use this on professional work around here?

What are your comments about this product?

I tried the demo and thought it sounded pretty stale. Same with Rebirth. Maybe they just give you lower quality samples in the demo.

haven't heard the rebirth demo, but the real thing is stale... i was thinking of getting reason, but after rebirth, i i have little faith in prophead

Reason

Hey, I got Reason about a month ago and am totally blow away by it. The sounds are remarkable, plus you can always load in your own samples if your not satisfied with the stock selection. The sound quality is great and once you get a hang of it it's so easy to use. The routing features are really cool, although I haven't really explored it inmuch depth. For the price it is a great deal, for a program as fun to use and as powerful you would think it would cost way more. So far the only issues i am having with it is syncing Reason to my pro tools digi 001 setup. Other then that, no problems it's great that it can be used as a stand alone app, plus if you use it with a program like cubase, you can run it through rewire and have reason output to your cubase rewire mixer channels. That way you can apply VST plugging and mix all in you cubase enviroment.

Great App

Nelson

i don't like it.. the synths are like all vst synths, crappy as hell.. the only thing that really works is the sampler part, as even a program like reason can't mess up playback of 44khz samples..
I haven't heard one decent vst synth yet that could even compare just in minor scale to a real hardware one.. people can say what they want about it being the future and all.. well i'm not gonna jump on that wagon till they make some quality work that can compare to my supernova...

I have to agree with Chris on that one.

I would rather use an old M1 than any new softsynth. Sample playback is easy enough and what softsynths are best for.

uh.. stackhouse.. you should post your shit in the mp3 mixing clinic, cause the rapping sounds 'aight, but the beats and shit needs some work.

i wasn't that impressed with reason either. there was no vibe in the sounds at all, it all sounded very, hmm, im not sure if processed is the word, but they lack something.

dont like the sequencer either.

I've been using Reason for half a year or something like that. I'm mostly using it for drums, it's pretty easy to make a "living" drumtrack, compared to Rebirth. I've used the synth's for some bass parts and one acid piano thing, but I'm using too much time fiddling with it to come up with a sound with warmth and clarity, I'll rather use my vst and pulsar synth's ;)
bizz

stackhouse said:
maybe i should update my beats and put new 1s up.chriss maybe u could post some of your beats

yo.. on the ones you got there, you need some serious eq on the guitars.. they sound too filtered, need mo' treble.. btw. you got some banging vocals there..

I don't put my tracks up atm, sorry.. and i make tech-house mixed with trance anyway.. not exactely what most people here tend to favour..

Back