Anybody know what this is?

Ptownkid

I've had this kicking around for a while and thought I'd post here before ripping it apart for the pots and inputs and resistors for various projects.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 187
I would probably first try and sell it on the 'bay with a high reserve. It may be one of those things that someone really wants. If no one bites then tear it apart.

woah!!!

I'm not exactly sure what model this is, But this is one of those crazy ideas for the 50's-60's that never really caught on. Something the engineers came up with, I suppose, that musicians weren't to big on - The Idea: Let's put all the controls for the amp on the guitar!!! Unfortanely its pretty pointless if you don't have the amp. This is kind of unique historical piece it could be worth something, or nothing for that matter........

edit: Oh, wait - I saw all the knobs and got excited. After a second look i realized I was wrong. It's just a guitar with built in effects........

Last edited:
Gretsch had a model, I think it was called a "Super Chet" that had effects built-in like this. I think it was laid out in this type of configuration too. Maybe do a search and see. If it is, it would definitely be worth something to a Gretsch collector.

i can get one, the neck is gone, one knob is missing and the body was sprayed gold. It's like this, the body IMO isn't worth salvaging, but if someone wants the electronics, make an offer...

That is really cool....

I would carefully remove that entire unit and sell on EBay before ripping it apart...

gvarko said:
I would carefully remove that entire unit and sell on EBay before ripping it apart...

Indeed! Or at the very least, hang it on the wall for a cool piece of art!

Ptownkid said:
i can get one, the neck is gone, one knob is missing and the body was sprayed gold. It's like this, the body IMO isn't worth salvaging, but if someone wants the electronics, make an offer...

Do you not know any people who could restore it back to its former glory? I know it may cost you a bit, that is why you could go to some friends who are into building or repairing. It would be nice to see it back to how it was.

The whole idea of having effects onboard of your guitar is very funky. Cannot see why people did not want it, perhaps it was too revolutionary for its time? Same with the guitarsynth, and what about those line-6 modeling guitars, are there any people here who use them?

Cheers,

Eddie

Keep it, fix it up and sell it for a hefty price.
Univox makes some nice stuff and people are willing to part with thier cash to get a good one.

Good Hi-Fliers still go for around $300-$400.

I've got a Hi-Filer bass that's great.

Back