...anybody have one of those 30 watt...

fonts

...Marshall combos, the all-tube ones they were selling a few years back, with the single 12" speaker?...Mine is having issues like shutting down to nearly inaudible levels, always in the middle of a solo in front of people...:mad:

Pull each tube out and stick it back in a couple times to scrape off any oxidation on the tube pins or sockets that might be inhibiting good contact.
Other common causes: bad tube, dirty volume pot, or a broken solder joint on the circuit board.
Next time it does that, try slapping it around a little; if that makes it come back, I would suspect a broken solder joint. If a volume pot makes worse-than-normal crackling noises as you turn it, it needs cleaned anyway so try that.
Are you 100% sure it is the amp and not your guitar or outboard gear?

Major Tom said:
Pull each tube out and stick it back in a couple times to scrape off any oxidation on the tube pins or sockets that might be inhibiting good contact.
Other common causes: bad tube, dirty volume pot, or a broken solder joint on the circuit board.
Next time it does that, try slapping it around a little; if that makes it come back, I would suspect a broken solder joint. If a volume pot makes worse-than-normal crackling noises as you turn it, it needs cleaned anyway so try that.
Are you 100% sure it is the amp and not your guitar or outboard gear?

...yup, it's the amp all right, I took it in when it first started about 3 years ago and the guy said it was because the effects loop was causing it somehow and to take a short jumper cord and plug it in both in/out of the loop...I did that and the problem went away for a couple of years and came back...:mad:

Major Tom said:
Did you clean the jumper's connectors and the in/out jacks ?

...no...I'll try that...thank you...amazing this small item could wreak such havoc with this thing...:cool:

Back