Anybody Got A Similar Soundcard/mixer Setup Like Mine?

ok, i went here and got the latest drivers.
http://www.midiman.net/support/driversearch.php

1-when i go in and try to assign a playback device in vegas it gives me errors on device's and does not list any delta device's.

2-when i go into n-track i get one choice of m-delta asio. i choose it and n-track freezes after a 20 second take(not the 25 second demo freeze either)

3-i go into goldwave and it only offers "modem #1 line---whatever".
won't even record.

4-i don't think these ASIO drivers are cutting it.

ok friends and neighbors, thats 3 different drivers in 24 hours,any more suggestions? sorry about my cynicism because i truly appreciate your help. BUTT,AGAIN I ASK?

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A AUDIOPHILE24/96 CARD THAT WORKS---CLOSE TO CORRECT?

mine works alright, along with pops,clicks and occasional distortion.
thanks all, jw

you must uninstall the old delta driver before updating to the new ones... a Delta uninstaller can be found on M-Aduio's website...

then you have to unzip the delta installation file to a directory or floppy disk...

then you goto the add hardware wizard and when it comes up that the sound card was found, you pick let me choose the driver to install and have disk and point it to where you unzipped the delta install files and click on delta.inf...

then choose the audiophile and click install and restart

... some people will say that it is not nessecary to uninstall the old drivers first but M-Audio says to and one time I didn't and when I updated without uninstalling first, it all screwed up.

thanks jd, yup i'm that far along.right now,"no uninstaller" on their site. it was the other day. nor on my original cd that came with the card. i mailed midiman about it. i tried uninstalling all associated files but it didn't work.i even went in and zapped the reference to them in the registry. so i must need theirs.

hmm... they seem to have taken the link off of the American site...

oh well I went over to the German site and they have it there:

http://www.midiman.de/files/deuninst.exe

P.S. the v5.12.1.9 was from March2001... I dunno why for a couple days MAudio had it listed as the newest...

Also I've found in the drivers listed for download on the American site, the files in v5.12.1.26 are dated as being modified October 16, 2001... but from the german site they are dated Novemeber 16, 2001.

Also the drivers from the german site seem more up to date and in the revision text have multiple updates of v5.12.1.26 as is below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ver: 5.10.0.26 Date: 11/16/2001

1. Changed driver buffer size logic from ms per buffer to samples per buffer

2. fixed a bug in previous ASIO improvment

3. Click/pop noise at startup of playing silence fixed

4. fixed ASIO set samplerate while running

Ver: 5.10.0.26x4 Date: 11/02/2001

1. SONAR disappearing inputs with multiple cards fixed (by changing port names)

2. Nuendo ASIO performance improved

3. SVID check

Ver: 5.10.0.26x3 Date: 10/21/2001

1. Multichannel only version for use with SONAR

Ver: 5.10.0.26x2 Date: 10/19/2001

1. Low latency settings under Sonar/XP freeze PC fixed

2. Playback starts to crackle on VIA MOBOs after some time fixed

Ver: 5.10.0.26x1 Date: 10/16/2001

1. Changed version number according to MS specs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The driver on the american site is stamped October 16, 2001 and must be the first release of v5.10.0.26

I installed the driver from the german site on mine... much better... looks like alot of ASIO fixes and VIA chipset crackle fixes too...

here's the link for the german site driver:
http://www.midiman.de/files/de510026.exe

Let us know how these newer drivers work...

thanks jd,that really helped. i did everything i could do and i'm getting somewhere. before i would get a hellasious feedback/distortion after a few. now it's just pops and clicks.

i am running demo's on cooledit pro,vegas audio 2.0,n-track and the shareware goldwave.

on all these i get pops and clicks when i set the dma buffer in m-audio's mixer, anywhere. "high or low." low seems to be better.

still,everything is quite unacceptable for the new songs i'm adding to my album. ya can't have pops and clicks on a cd i sell at my shows,now can ya?

i'm getting close now somebody give me a push across the finish line.i'm outa gas :rolleyes:

i know i know your sayin,boy is this dood a pain in the arse. yep-- i am cause i ain't happy with this card. anybody considering buying the AudioPhile24/96 please be aware of what your getting into. for 2 weeks now, clean recording has not happened with this soundcard in Windows 2000. it's started playing mp3's decently but those are digital. it's the analog recording that is not happening. i even bought new goldplated cables today---still nada!

so i had more questions:
1-will this card run better in win98?
2-do i need a totally seperate 7200 drive for playback?
3-do the pops and clicks get inserted during recording or just on playback?
4-?????

thanks, jw

JW,

This might help the pos and clicks (my guess, is that they're added during playback). Try and connect the mixer like I connect mine (Behringer 602)
Mixer's Main Out into sound card's Line In.
Sound Card's Line Out into mixer Tape (2TK) In.
(Make sure that the TK to Control Room button is pressed, and not 2TK to Mix).
Control Room to monitors.

This setup prevents the sound card's signal from being sent back into the sound card, a situation that might cause some distortion.

Hope it works!

Oren

thanks aren,

i tried your config's and i couldn't get a signal the way you mentioned.i still had to go main outs to the sound card and out of the sound card into the stereo input of channel 8. the distortion is gone but the pops and clicks live on. it was worth a try.

1-will this card run better in win98?
I don't know this one... I've only ever run win2000 and now XP with my Delta card

2-do i need a totally seperate 7200 drive for playback?
Most people reccomend not placing everything on one drive(OS, programs, audio files)... I have all three of mine seperated by partitions... but alot of people are running a hard drive with the OS and programs and a seperate drive for the audio... either way the audio probably should be on its own drive.

3-do the pops and clicks get inserted during recording or just on playback?
This is really kinda hard to tell... the only way I figure to check is to record something and burn it to a CD... then play it back in a normal shelf CD player or something and if it pop&clicks then they are occuring on record... but if not then it is only happening on playback. I would sometimes get pops and clicks all the sudden with Nuendo but if I switched to say the multimedia ASIO driver and then back to the Delta ASIO driver, it went away for a little bit, so for me it was happening only on playback... but I never did get rid of it completely so thats why I ditched all ASIO programs...

me too...

Did u say in an earlier post that you were having trouble in the ASIO setup with the drivers going out of sync?? I had the same problem and finally did solve it... I think I had to have all the devices set at 16bit instead of 32bit for some reason... that solved it but that was for the Multimedia ASIO driver... inside the program you should use the Delta ASIO driver for 24bit support...

Ok here’s my settings:

On the M AUDIOmixer
(patchbay)
1-on the left side I have wav out ½ checked.
2-on the right side I have h/w in ½ checked

(hardware settings)
1-codex sample rate 44,100(or 96 still no difference)
2-dma buffer 512-samples

OTHER SOFTWARE BREAKDOWN:

COOLEDIT PRO:
1-Delta AP Multichannel is chosen
for playback and record

VEGAS 2.0:
1-Delta AP ½
for preview and bus A

N-TRACK:
1-WDM Delta AP ½
for input and out put device’s

GOLDWAVE:
1-Delta AP Multichannel for playback
2- Delta AP ½ for record

I try various settings continuosly and still get pops/clicks.
Anybody have any cut n dry proven settings?
jw

yes guys,the pops and clicks happen on playback only. all the stuff i recorded "pre" AP2496 card, i get pops and clicks on. but man it's tuff hearing what you've recorded on immediate playback with all that noise.
onward thru the fog.....

Aren said:
Jest send it back, man!
:(
it's been over two weeks. i am going to make that decision today. this is ridiculous. i mean if i need another 7200 hard-drive to eliminate it i would buy it. i am not gonna keep investing in future noise. very frustrating. only thing i can do is get a seperate recorder with it's own h-drive(saving up for a year).

when i read of the people here on this site saying" well i just finished a 20 track projest using a delta card", they must have ALL pro equipment in an ALL pro studio with a fulltime pro staff. but i'm not getting any feedback or suggestions from these folks. sorry about my cynicism cause over the years i have had success recording in 16,24, and my own 4-track studios.(not using computers) jw

I have no Windoze 2000 experience, im still at Windoze 98.....but lets say go back to N-Track so i can compare apples to apples.....before you record and playback, go into File/Preference/Buffering and crank them all to max.....also, it may be a bitch, but go thru all the screens of the Delta Control panel and let me know what your settings are.....

also, are you watching your input meters in software...anything ove 0db is a no-no......

thanks gidge,

1-ok on the front of the mixer all the mutes are checked.
and to the right of that it says hw installed.#1ap is checked.

2-on the patchbay/router page-- wav out 1/2 is checked on the left side and on the right side h/w in 1/2 is checked.

3-on hardware settings
a-internal xtal is checked
b-44,100 checked
c-reset rate when idle checked
d-single and in-sync checked
e-consumer checked
f-latency buffer size is 512 samples(10ms)
g-disable control of moniter mixer,etc is checked

4-on s/pdif page consumer is checked
thats it.

getting to late to record now so i'll try the n-track test tomorrow,jw

Last edited:
dude...

88 Samples is a latency of 1ms at 44.1kHz and 0ms at 96kHz...

I dunno what kinda machine you are running but there is NO ONE I know of who can record succesfully at a 1ms latency...

On my system I leave it set to about 10ms... I've ran 5ms before but I keep it at 10 to avoid problems...

10ms latency is 512samples if recording at 44.1kHz or 1024 samples if recording at 96kHz

I'm not able to set mine below 256samples without encoutering problems such as dropouts and clicking...

jdechant said:
dude...

88 Samples is a latency of 1ms at 44.1kHz and 0ms at 96kHz...

I dunno what kinda machine you are running but there is NO ONE I know of who can record succesfully at a 1ms latency...

On my system I leave it set to about 10ms... I've ran 5ms before but I keep it at 10 to avoid problems...

10ms latency is 512samples if recording at 44.1kHz or 1024 samples if recording at 96kHz

I'm not able to set mine below 256samples without encoutering problems such as dropouts and clicking...
thanks jd, well-----thats where it's out now. i've tried all settings to get rid of the pops/clicks.i'm trying different settings on different software. i haven't heard of anybody's settings that work for them--except you. i'll keep it around yours if your having success. again i appreciate it,jw

Im going to get that baby going for you if its the last thing I do....it may cost you a Blue Water Highway tape....:D

Im going check my settings right now to double check what i have going....

Gidge said:
Im going to get that baby going for you if its the last thing I do....it may cost you a Blue Water Highway tape....:D

Im going check my settings right now to double check what i have going....
i luv u man. (figuratively of course) i'll will send ya one.NP!

i went into N-track to do a take today and it comes up with "an error found try doing a sound test". i do and the sound test is fine.arrrgh,now n-track is harrassing me.:rolleyes:

in acid or cooledit same problem though.

Back