Any Trick to reduce wind noise in iso booth?

One idea comes to me, a very 'stiff' door mechanism. A small supermarket near me has a door that takes considerable heft to open even from my 6ft 17st frame! It is equally slow to close. A door that take 5-6 seconds to open and close again will generate little air noise.

Dave.

I was thinking a small sliding window you could have open when using the door, similar to the cat flap but not automatic.

Last edited:
If the booth had extraction and an inlet both silenced there wouldnt be a pressure difference on opening the door.

If the booth had extraction and an inlet both silenced there wouldnt be a pressure difference on opening the door.
? There would still be the 'swoosh' as the door MOVES air. What you really want is a Star Trek slider...but without the "psssssphut"

Dave.

? There would still be the 'swoosh' as the door MOVES air. What you really want is a Star Trek slider...but without the "psssssphut"

Dave.
No door Dave. Just a doorway that takes you to another dimension of your liking:-) Or the twilight zone.

Last edited:
(and, still they go on answering (or opining about), a 6-year-old dead question that was hijacked with a new question that's been answered...)

(and, still they go on answering (or opining about), a 6-year-old dead question that was hijacked with a new question that's been answered...)
A trap into which you of course have never fallen...Oh! You are here!

Dave.

:D

Crazy thought..

GM vehicles used a pressure relief valve mounted in the lock pillars of their vehicles. This vented the air pressure when doors were closed with windows up.

I wonder if installing one of these in the back wall of the cubicle in it's reverse direction might not make some difference. So when the door was opened it would pull the vent open. There would still be air movement, but possibly not a whoosh. I expect this would also compromise the soundproofing at times. So who knows...

Back