any thoughts on modifying Casio keyboard

TinNedd

I needed a better computer keyboard controller, and came across this Casio CTK496 which was on sale whith a can't give it away price, so I picked it up.:D The keyboard action is quite good and evan some of the sounds might possibly be able to use.

After I got it out of the box and messed around whith it, the thought entered my head, if it was on sale whith stereo line inputs and done away whith the 100 song bank, they might have sold quite a few of them at full price?

So I though why not modify it so computer audio could come out of its speakers. I think its mono and so maybe a amplifer circuit could be built for it. There is plenty of room. It has 2 2 watt speakers on either side. I think I do need a speaker disable switch cause the sounds is on full when keyboard is first switched on which is not too good when using it as computer controller. I could just simply add rca sockets as well for the speakers and drive then off something external or build something that could fit internaly.

There is a lot more enjoyment playing keyboard when sound is comming out of speakers right in front of you as you play, off the computer.:D Any thoughts out there?:D

I would have liked to see a reply to this one ;)
:D

I probably will put a socket and bypass switch in so it could run from an external amp.

May I say that a simple idea for those who have smallish type controllers would be to sit them on a base deep enough to mount 2 powered speakers on the back.

Its quite silly for the majors to miss that one, speakers in the controller. A good controller should sought look like one of those portable keyboards you can take anywhere and doodle whith it, whith the speakers, a pair of line-in's, a few internal sounds, and a few computer control knobs(not too many).

When you finish modding the casio maybe you could make some silk purses.

Proverbs_You_can%27t_make_a_silk_purse_out_of_a_sow%27s_ear_Hazel_8.5.jpg

Back