Any suggestions on buying an effects processor?

fluxburn said:
Looks like I could get one for 70 for the Lxp-15 on ebay now. What series is the Lxp-15, I know the pcm80 series is the top of the line.

I just need a outboard effects unit for reverb and another one for delay and possibly wierd effects.

The price on LXP-15's seems to vary pretty widely on eBay. You can get them in the $70-100 range, but the units in mint condition seem to go for up to $180.

The LXP series came before the MPX series. There was the LXP-1 and LXP-5, reverb and fx respectively. Then the LXP-15 put both of them in one box. After that came the LXP-15II. After that was the MPX-1. Following the MPX-1 was the MPX-100, 200, 500, and then the 110, 220, 550 replaced those units.

The LXP units were out at around the same time as the PCM-70, and like the MPX range represent the budget line of Lexicon gear. Although I would have to say that the LXP series was a little more pro oriented than the MPX 100/200/500 series. The LXP's sound good, more on a par with the MPX-1. There are mod's you can have done to the LXP series that improve them further.

i have compared the Kurzweil Mangler w/ the TC Fireworx,

the Mangler sounds equally as amazing,
but the Fireworx allows you to dig far deeper.

for the money i'd go w/ the Mangler,
and pick up a Fireworx when they are discontinued. (soon)

Back