Any string suggestions (guitar & bass)?

I use the Super Slinky.
I also recycle them by stringing them backwards on the Wolfgang, ya get a lot more use out of a set.

GHS Boomers (10-46) on all my electrics. I've always been a string breaker and these sound the best and last the longest for me. On bass either GHS Contact Core for that piano bass sound (these are absolutely the BRIGHTEST bass strings I've ever heard and on my Rickenbacker they're just over the top) or plain ol' Bass Boomers (for my P-Bass), depending on what kind of sound I'm looking for.

Track Rat said:
GHS Boomers (10-46) on all my electrics. I've always been a string breaker and these sound the best and last the longest for me. On bass either GHS Contact Core for that piano bass sound (these are absolutely the BRIGHTEST bass strings I've ever heard and on my Rickenbacker they're just over the top) or plain ol' Bass Boomers (for my P-Bass), depending on what kind of sound I'm looking for.

I think I`ll try a set of those GHS Contact Core, must be a new deal. Sounds interesting. Did you notice a change as well in rotosounds a few yrs back?

BTW, that new cello sounds fab... :cool:

oh man. 2 years? 4 years? try 2 weeks and i'm hating myself for not taking care of that guitar!

anyways. i use dean markely blue steels 12-54 on my sg, dean markely standards 11-52 on my strat, and i prefer ghs 105's for my bass, but i don't have too much of an issue with nay bass strings i've tried.

i'd never pay the money for elixers, but thats just me. try them and see which you like more.

i tried every string i could find, and dean markelys were just the ones for me. i like dr's too, but they don't seem to have as much life to them when you first get pop 'em on.

alright its like this

im the bass freak. so i should know bout what strings.

i use ghs boomers.

i am very very picky about my strings. i refuse to play my friends bass becuase he uses fender strings, which i feel suck. and suck hard at that.

slinkies, i havent tried them on bass, but i have for electric, and woah, they suck. they wont stay in tune for crap, which i could understand becuase thats what they are made to do, but, ccrrapp.....no one wants an out of tune bass, its not cool when you only got 4 strings and they are out of tune, but with 6 kinda makes it cool i guess.

so boomers, 45-95 or when im feeling fatty 55-115

i rock on a p-bass....so we are in the same boat.

freak

I never cared for RotoSounds. Thet sounded good for a night and then they were dead. I tried a set of Snakeskins on the recomendation of a friend. They're the same concept as Contact Cores in that the windings stop short of the point where the string rides over the saddles. I liked the Contact Cores WAY better.

Back