Any Singers for an instrumental?

stash98

I put a couple instrumentals up on Myspace. The first (White Noise)is available for download...feel free to check it out and download if u want.

Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus, Breakdown, Chorus out is the arrangement.

Was also wondering also about the guitars. I like the drum sound, but the cymbals were tough..they either disappeared or got a little harsh..they may clash with the distorted guitars a little.

Whoa!!!!! A little Sabbath thrown in there :D I heard the first part and was just waiting for the second part. Sure enough there she was.

F.S.

haha..yeah..i definitley threw in the part from war pigs. Nice catch. And I never write lyrics for the singer, I like it when they do it all.

stash98 said:
haha..yeah..i definitley threw in the part from war pigs. Nice catch. And I never write lyrics for the singer, I like it when they do it all.
That's my whole philosophy about music: everyone else do everything and send me the check. ;)

stash98 said:

If I get time I'll try to mess with it and see if something flows.

F.S.

DavidK said:
That's my whole philosophy about music: everyone else do everything and send me the check. ;)

hehe.. :D well I meant it a little differently of course. I like to let the singer write their own words because lyrics affect the melodies a lot. I played all the instruments and wrote and arranged all the parts...isn't that enough dammit? :D

Hey stash, can you email me mp3 of this? It would be easier to work with.
myspace omly lets me pause the song, no rewind ect.

I get an access denied message when trying to download.

320kbps is fine if you can do that.

thanks.

depperly@netvocalist.com

Here is what I have so far. Let me know if it works for you.
I know it begs to be a broken hart song about the one that got away, but that's just not my style :D The phrasing is prettyt stretched and slow. The last lines of each verse fall on the "warpigs" prechorus area. It's all still subject to change. Sort of a rough throwdown.

White Noise

Stored up inside of me
The words of all mankind

Something is haunting me
That I can’t leave behind

As if it matters now
Words spoke when I was young

But time moves slowly in my head
Your aging words are still not dead

(chorus)
I tried to save myself
But found it over rated
Grant me a silent mind
Where lies are not debated

You spoke with reverence
As if it changes what you say

Promised deliverance
But you your self don’t know the way

Pointed your arm stretched out
As if you’d found a brand new day

Your crooked finger held no truth
It served to rob me of my youth

(repeat chorus)

(bridge)

Swelled up inside my neck
These words that will not go away
White noise that’s held in check
But muffles everything I say
Tried hard to quiet them
But only died a bit each day
They set the price of sin
And count the debts I can’t repay

(repeat chorus to fade out)

F.S.

Last edited:
stash98 said:
very cool lyrics. ill get you the mp3 as soon as im off the cell phone net and at my computer.

Cool.

I'll work on it more once I get the file.

***edit*** can you get me the BPM on the song as well?

I edited the previous post to include bridge lyrics now.

Thanks

F.S.

Last edited:
Hey Stash. You around? I've got a rough version of it done if you'd like to hear. I have some tweeking to do yet but it will definetly give you the idea.
Let me know. I'll email you a link.

F.S.

Back