Any one interested in a collab effort?

guitar zero

c = b#
I posted this song earlier. Thought it might be fun to add some parts. I hear possibilities for mandolin, fiddle, dobro, keys, pads, drums, even some electric guit if tastefully done, with enough tremolo to make a grown man cry. Lots of possibilities

If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the wav file and all the tempo information. Here's the song:

I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but I'm really captured by this tune. I would love to add some keys/pads to this. Hit me up, dude.:cool:

Hey man, I'd be up for recording a couple of parts and you can use 'em or lose 'em as you like. I am hearing some harmonica in my head, and I'm not the best harmonica player, but I can bend some notes and play something that probably won't suck too bad :) Also, I can add some piano if you want. PM me the wav file if you want me to give it a shot.

Best,

Dave
davedewhitt's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but I'm really captured by this tune. I would love to add some keys/pads to this. Hit me up, dude.:cool:
Great! When I get home, I'll send you guys a link to the wav file

Here's a sketch of ideas for this tune. It's a little rough in the absence of a click track, but I think you'll get the gist of it.

One pad, one elec. piano, 2 string tracks.

Lots of directions to go with this...and alot will depend on the instrumentation you ultimately choose to go with. I decided to treat it like a solo guitar, singer ballad just to flesh it out a bit for this version.

Attachments

• Corey's Song.mp3
    5.4 MB · Views: 16
I'm laughing a little bit here. I tried for 20 minutes to get her to play to a click track and it was no use. She could not do it. Finally, I just turned it off and said just play the tune the way you would on stage.

I went through last night and mapped out the tempo and there were at least 8 tempo changes in the song. I'll send them to you if it will help. I'm gonna wait 'til I get home to listen to your file. Don't have anything good to listen on here.

I'm laughing a little bit here. I tried for 20 minutes to get her to play to a click track and it was no use. She could not do it. Finally, I just turned it off and said just play the tune the way you would on stage.

I went through last night and mapped out the tempo and there were at least 8 tempo changes in the song. I'll send them to you if it will help. I'm gonna wait 'til I get home to listen to your file. Don't have anything good to listen on here.

With a voice like hers, I'd put up with that. LOL

Dont worry bout the tempo maps...if there's 8 variances, a map aint gonna help much.:D:drunk:

Hey man, I'd be up for recording a couple of parts and you can use 'em or lose 'em as you like. I am hearing some harmonica in my head, and I'm not the best harmonica player, but I can bend some notes and play something that probably won't suck too bad :) Also, I can add some piano if you want. PM me the wav file if you want me to give it a shot.

Best,

Dave
davedewhitt's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

PM'd you the wav file.

Here's a sketch of ideas for this tune. It's a little rough in the absence of a click track, but I think you'll get the gist of it.

One pad, one elec. piano, 2 string tracks.

Lots of directions to go with this...and alot will depend on the instrumentation you ultimately choose to go with. I decided to treat it like a solo guitar, singer ballad just to flesh it out a bit for this version.

I like where you're headed with this. Sounds good. PM sent.

It's a beautiful tune..and I'm a total sucker for those major tonalities. I might've been a bit schmaltzy, but I am, at heart, a big schmaltz*.:p

Thanks for letting me take a run at this. I sent you a PM back....looks like I'll be able to nail something down in the next couple of days.:cool:

*This word may in fact, not even exist. I'm using it anyway.

Played around with it in my head while I listened through. I think I could at the very least get a nice precussion section in there, or perhaps do something with a piano if that doesn't work.

Played around with it in my head while I listened through. I think I could at the very least get a nice precussion section in there, or perhaps do something with a piano if that doesn't work.

Any attempts at greatness are more than welcome! Go for it.

Here's what I was hearing in my head...well, at least the piano was...the harmonica is pretty basic...if you like it, I could try to come up with something a little more melodic and try to play it better. I didn't spend a ton of time on this, so it's a little rough. The timing was somewhat challenging :D

View attachment Corey's Song.mp3

Like I said, no worries at all if it doesn't work for what you have in mind - I had fun playing along!

Let me know if you like it and I'll figure a way to get you the wav files for the tracks.

Best,

Dave

Here's what I was hearing in my head...well, at least the piano was...the harmonica is pretty basic...if you like it, I could try to come up with something a little more melodic and try to play it better. I didn't spend a ton of time on this, so it's a little rough. The timing was somewhat challenging :D

View attachment 67371

Like I said, no worries at all if it doesn't work for what you have in mind - I had fun playing along!

Let me know if you like it and I'll figure a way to get you the wav files for the tracks.

Best,

Dave

Really like what I'm hearing so far. You guys are awesome!

So I got some really nice tracks from DeWhitt (thanks Dave), and TeyshaBlue has some others brewing (Thanks Mark). Unfortunately, Mark had a little house fire near the studio that fried some wiring, so things are a bit chaotic for him right now. Probably be a while before I get my itchy fingers on those tracks. Anyone else that's interested, add whatever sounds right, and we'll try to make a kick-ass mix of it all.

Back