Any idea how to get a working MD8 drive?

Grenouille

The drive of my MD8 ist out of order. I`m not sure if I can repair it. Is there any way to get a drive seperately? Hmm, I guess a new drive would be more expensive than a used MD8 on ebay. :(

Ok, I removed the drive of my MD8 and took a closer look on what might be the reason for the problems. There`s a part that looks like it`s badly fucked up! Like bend.

I`ve took a picture of the drive.
Can someone who has an MD8 himself please have a look at this and tell me how this part looks in his drive? I think it is normally not "hanging down" like here.
Please note that the one above is just the mirror image of the one that is marked by the red arrow.

http://www.bleakmusic.de/stuff/md8drive.jpg

Update: I looked into a MD discman and it seems that I`m right. There`s a similar part that is not hanging down. I`m not really into electronics, but I guess this part is the disc head. Now I wonder if there is a chance that the drive will work again if I bend it back. And HOW to bend it back without damaging it.

Last edited:
Wow, I´ve repaired it! Well, partially. It playes now back without problems, but recording still does not work. When I record on a disc I can´t play it back, and if I write the TOC, the disc is blank again. :(
No idea what to do now.

Back