any feedback on this one its Tom Whaits cower, we dint use

Feral

any feedback on this one its Tom Waits cower, we don't use any studio drums recorded with 5 mics as redy mix from audio board, just in my living room. we call it cell phone camera productions, what i'm struggling is kik drum...its our take on it

Actually, the levels are all a bit haphazard. The main reason you're having issues with the kick is the bass is a bit too forward (see: first sentence). The vocal is the feature here, also, and so it should be more out front. Separate the kick a little more by accenting the beater (2.7k range-ish).

Actually, the levels are all a bit haphazard. The main reason you're having issues with the kick is the bass is a bit too forward (see: first sentence). The vocal is the feature here, also, and so it should be more out front. Separate the kick a little more by accenting the beater (2.7k range-ish).
will try next time 2.7k boost on kick drum on next rehersal the same settings as recording done..i mean, on mics.
another q if im listening on cell phone the bass guitar is not going through, is there spacific Frquency to boost a bit to heared on cell phone, sorry about my english i never had a class in English language

Your english is fine. At issue on your cell phone is the size of the speaker. It simply cannot replicate low frequency sound waves (which are long and large). When you think about a PA system, it has big speakers for the bottom end (bass and kick etc ...). They reason for that is physics. The speakers need to be big to push the air required to replicate low frequencies.

You can TRY to compensate for your cell phone's speaker deficiency by boosting mid range harmonics on the bass tracks, but you have to be careful in the translation - because it can get "honky" on a full range system if overdone.

Also remember that it is best to record everything relatively "flat" and then EQ AFTER in the mixing stage. One cannot properly fix something that was broken "going to tape".

Back