any feedback about the mix and mastering?

Is it for a soundtrack? I like the mix and the arrangement, but the hits are pretty loud compared to the rest of the song. For a soundtrack having those kind of dynamics might be good though. As a guitar player I'd like to hear the lead guitar a little louder. It sounded like it was being over powered by the strings at some points. Overall really cool. Did you do the mixing and mastering yourself?

Right on, man. Good stuff right there. The mastering is different than what I'm used to, being for a game environment, but man... Great mix. Great emotion.. Good stuff! Let us know if it gets placed. Thanks for sharing!

Yes...very smooth and nicely arranged. Should be cool with visuals.

What kind of synths/samples are you using?
I like the strings quality on some of the cuts.

Oh..."Duesenberg"...for the car or the guitar? :)

No big comments beyond what the others have said. If it was a pure audio piece, I would say it's a bit too dynamic (geez when was the last time anybody said that?). But for all I know it will work well as a game trailer.

All the sounds had good tone to my ear.

What kind of synths/samples are you using?
I like the strings quality on some of the cuts.

kind of a long list, but ok:

Spectrasonics Omnisphere
Synthwerk
Sample Logic Cinematic Guitars
Sample Logic Morphestra
Sample Logic Synergy X
Heavyocity Damage
Heavyocity Evolve
L.A. Scoring Strings 2
ProjectSam Symphobia
ProjectSam Orchestral Essentials
NI Session Strings Pro
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra
EWQL Stormdrum
Cinesamples Cinebrass Pro
Cinesamples Piano
Cinesamples Deep Percussion
Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds
8DIO Adagio
8DIO Requiem Pro
8DIO Studio Solo Violin
8DIO Epic Taiko
8DIO Barbary
8DIO Aura 1 & 2
8DIO Hybrid
8DIO Alien Drum
8DIO Progressive Guitar
8DIO Songwriting Guitar
Ilya Efimov Acoustic Guitar
Sonokinetic Vivace
Sonokinetic Arpeggio
Sonokinetic Ethnic Voices Bundle
Sonokinetic Tutti
Sampletek INIL Choir
Zero G Luminoso

oh...and duesenberg for the car ;)

I think the start (before the drums come in) is a bit 'cold' sounding.

Then again, if it's designed for cinema/a trailer then it doesn't need any warmth to it, I suppose.

Very nice piece of music.

If I may offer a criticism at all, it would be that the string figures heard at 0:46 and 1:17 are a little odd sounding, but I'm not sure why. I think at 0:46 the rhythm played is just a bit jarring, and at 1:17 they could be brought up just a bit to punch them through because they make a musical statement that is worth hearing.

Thank you for putting up your list of materials; that is exceedingly helpful in understanding how you created this. Excellent.

Back